News:

Simutrans.com Portal
Our Simutrans site. You can find everything about Simutrans from here.

Buildings

Started by eskabb, September 07, 2018, 05:53:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eskabb

A building with a lower level is always replaced by a higher-level building. When building a map in map editing mode and placing my buildings, will a lower level building be replaced by a building with a higher level? Do the buildings I place have the same rules as those of randomly generated cities?

Ves

A lower level building can be replaced automatically by a higher level building. This happens when the city needs more housing, I believe. Then, if it cant find a spot to put a new building, it will find a building inside the city which it will replace with a higher level building.
I believe that all buildings are threated equal, so the buildings you manually place will be threated just like the automatically placed buildings.

There is a feature "disable growth", that I think will prevent the replacement from happening, although Im unsure of how it works.

An_dz

"Disable growth" does exactly what it says, the city will simply stop growing, this way there will never have need to increase or upgrade buildings.

prissi

There is also a tool to buy buildings. Normal city buildings are unowned, i.e. their window has an orange frame. Owned buildings are never upgraded. So when you buy a building, this is protected from further replacement.