News:

Simutrans.com Portal
Our Simutrans site. You can find everything about Simutrans from here.

Bug: City road degredation in 1932.

Started by DrSuperGood, September 08, 2018, 06:36:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DrSuperGood

The year is 1932. Cities have been enjoying modernizing their city roads from the rough "cobblestone_road" to nice smooth "tarmac_city_road" for the last 21 years. Except who wants any of that! They are now replacing everything with "cobblestone_road" like the good old days.

1932 is the end date for "tarmac_city_road", with "city_road" beginning usage in 1933. I am pretty sure the towns will start replacing with "city_road" in 1933 and keep doing so until 1996, but the problem is with replacing roads in 1932. I am guessing it is defaulting to "cobblestone_road" in 1932 for some reason. This probably effects all end years, with 1932 being the first one it has been noticed.

I am unsure if it is an off by 1 with simuconf.tab or with the actual public way logic in Simutrans Extended code. In any case this is a bug somewhere.

jamespetts

Thank you for your report: I think that it was indeed an off by 1 error in simuconf.tab: I had misunderstood how to interact with the algorithm for this. I have now pushed a fix, which hopefully will resolve this.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

DrSuperGood

Will this apply to the server game or only new games started after? I know some of the config stuff is stored with the save.

jamespetts

This will only apply to later started games - however, this issue is confined to 1932, and should disappear in 1933.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

DrSuperGood

Quotehowever, this issue is confined to 1932, and should disappear in 1933.
And all other change over years?...

jamespetts

Quote from: DrSuperGood on September 08, 2018, 10:42:06 PM
And all other change over years?...

I suspect that only this transition produced the unfortunate regression owing to what was available by way of default in that year.