News:

Use the "Forum Search"
It may help you to find anything in the forum ;).

Pak256-Ex First Release

Started by Phystam, September 08, 2018, 03:00:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phystam

Now we release pak256-Ex!

Features:
- High resolution graphics
- consistent scale --- 1tile=25x25sq.m for both graphics and in-game scale
- All 3D models

Download: https://github.com/Phystam/pak256-release/releases
Wiki (available in Japanese only): http://www.pak256.simutrans.info/

Enjoy!

edit: 25sq.m->25x25sq.m

Rollmaterial

Awesome! I am looking forward to further development and additions! If I might make a suggestion, you should add a button or keyboard shortcut for displaying block reservations without editing, as apparently the only way to display block reservations is with the clearing tool enabled. In Pak128.Britain-Ex, it is possible to toggle block reservation display without having to keep the clearing tool active by pressing Shift+B.

Phystam

Thank you for your playing pak256-Ex!
Rollmaterial --- I will add the tool in next update!

Ves

This is really great! I only had a very quick look at it, and I noted that you, besides excellent graphics, also heavily have modified the menues. I must say I really like the approach you have taken, especially when taken into consideration the potentially many new extra signals that "Extended" has brought with it. Lookig forward to playing a map with it!

You should talk with james, and make the pakset available via the nightly download. Then you dont have to do releases as such (you still could announce whenever you make changes), and you make sure that every player always have the latest version of both pakset and executer. It would also spread the pakset out to basicly all players currently engaged in Simutrans Extended automatically.

Phystam

Ves --- Thank you for playing and suggestion, it is really grateful.
As you know, this pakset is managed using github, so incorporating to nightly build might be not so difficult.
If the pakset is incorporated, I would like to have another board for pak256-Ex in this forum, like 128.Britain-Ex and 128.Sweden-Ex, in order to support you.

Ves

I believe that would be a very good thing as well! :-)

Phystam

Additional information for pak256-Ex --- This pakset contains a new theme for Simutrans.

Usage:
- Find "menu.FlatSkin.pak" in pak256-Ex
- move it to "themes/" directory
- overwrite "themeimages=menu.newstandard.pak" with "themeimages=menu.FlatSkin.pak", at the last row of "themes/themes.tab" file

ACarlotti

Quote from: Phystam on September 10, 2018, 02:50:10 PMThis pakset contains a new theme for Simutrans.
For reference: Theme support in Extended is currently behind that of Standard, but I hope to bring that up to date over the next year.

O01eg

Could it be built from sources like pak128.Britain-Ex or pak128.Sweden-Ex?

Phystam

Currently we do not supply any sources since they are dirty directory structures and there are a lot of unnecessary/unused items.
After cleaning up, we will supply the sources.

Vladki

Quote from: Phystam on September 08, 2018, 03:00:17 PM
- consistent scale --- 1tile=25sq.m for both graphics and in-game scale
I suppose you meant 1 tile= 25x25 m, not 25 m^2 (which would be 5x5 m)

Otherwise it looks very nice. I shall try it out soon.

prissi

The pak just has about 5 houses, 5 factories and 15 vehicles, so I think supplying sources is indeed a little premature. But may I suggest to supply an example render with all settings, so other people could contribute to its growth? (Also, a dual release like pak128.britain may help to attract more contributors.)

Phystam

Recent works --- they will be available in the next update.

Natural river:

A traditional tram:

Monorail and signalling center:

Vladki

fam621

This actually looks really good and sounds good. But my question to you is, will you guys be making a Britain pakset like this (bearing in mind that theirs still a lot of work to be done with this pakset)?

Phystam

mammothim-san — We do not plan to convert our add-ons for pak Britain because of difference of scaling and textures.
For vehicles, we can convert it for Britain/Sweden paksets, but it may causes mismatch of design.

fam621

Ah okay, I was just asking because this looks amazing out of anything I've seen on Simutrans (apart from the liveries feature on Extended which gives buses/trains/trams/etc. colour rather than to be in one livery like on Simutrans Standard)

Phystam

Recent works -- Runway, Taxiway, and YS-11 aircraft.

Michell92

Is the pak available in Spanish?

jamespetts

I have just been looking at this - this is very interesting, and my apologies for not having got around to looking into this earlier.

It would be splendid to be able to set up nightly builds of this. To do that, I will need the sources in a Git/Gighub repository, and a makefile set up for automated building. I notice that the repository contains the compiled binaries rather than the sources. If there is a repository for the sources, please let me know where it is so that I can set up the nightly builds.

I do love the graphics, interface and sound in this set and it will be splendid to be able to offer this for download in addition to the British and Swedish paksets. I know that Simutrans is popular in Japan, so this will be an excellent addition.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Phystam

We will update pak256-Ex!

contents:
-Tram
-Monorail
-additional buildings

Michell92-san — Welcome to Simutrans forum!
Currently only English and Japanese translations are supported. Sorry, I do not know Spanish language so probably hard work to create Spanish translation files.

jamespetts-san — Thank you for your suggestions. However, this pakset is still incomplete, which means there are some missing waytypes.
so we cannot provide the source now. The source will available after completing of waytypes, narrowgauge_track and air.

jamespetts

Splendid, thank you for letting me know. It is excellent to see this progressing. Do let me know when the sources become available so that I can start producing nightly builds.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Phystam

A happy new year!
This is the update release of Pak256-Ex 1.1.0!

Download: https://github.com/Phystam/pak256-release/releases

Phystam

Look forward to aircraft and narrowgauge feature, they will be available in the next update 1.2.0.
We are making some objects for the waytypes.

-control tower
-airport building
-narrowgauge depot
-narrowgauge vehicles

EMU will be available after the next update.

Bassem_90

Hi I am not able to construct anything since I am getting even inspection or remove option and I am not able to remove them . How to resolve this ? Thank you :)

Phystam

Bassem_90-san,

Maybe you have some missing menuconf.tab setting, so please replace your menuconf.tab in pak256-release/config directory with attached file.
Or you can use 'a' shortcut key for inspection tool and 'r' shortcut key for remove tool.

Bassem_90

Thank you so much will try it :)

Bassem_90

I deleted the old file and placed the new file but didn't work

Bassem_90

Hi I am not able to build airport . could I receive help please ? Thank You:)

Phystam

The aircraft feature is not available currently --- you will be able to use it after the next update. Thank you.

Bassem_90

Thank you for your clarification , can't wait to have aircrafts in pack :) please add real airlines liveries :)

Bassem_90

Hi airport still not available right ?

Phystam

In our schedule, the next update including aircraft feature would be released in March. ><

Phystam

Now we are working on narrowgauge.

Steam locomotive on narrowgauge track:

Phystam

Kusakaru electric railway -- narrowgauge carriage.

with electric locomotive:

with 0-4-2T steam locomotive: