News:

Simutrans Tools
Know our tools that can help you to create add-ons, install and customize Simutrans.

Swedish servergame desync issues

Started by Ves, April 10, 2019, 06:07:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ves

Hi James and Co,
As you might know, there is a Swedish online server running (called "Stora Skårgard" (actually a spelling error, should be "Stora Skärgård")), and very recently that server has started to get out of sync quite rapidly.
Currently, the in game year is 1910, and the pakset did not have any railway crossings that where available at that time. I corrected that by creating some new railway crossings and made sure that it was available already from when rail is first introduced into the game. At the same time I created a new road bridge and rail bridge, however those are yet not available in the year 1910.

Returning to the servergame the day after, I now get quite some desync issues. It can take between a minute to perhaps 5-10 minutes before it eventually desyncs, but desyncing is inevitable.
I have not managed to narrow it down to what might be causing it. It appears to happen at random times, and the first time was already before any of my new crossings had made it onto the map.
It is extremely odd, but Im suspecting it has something to do with the added crossing or bridges, since that was the things that changed.

Can you try and connect and see if it desyncs for you too and/or perhaps has a theory to why this happened?

Vladki

I have played for >30 minutes and it did not disconnect.
(And fixed the game name - should change on next update)

Ves

That is extremely odd. I Just tried again, and desynced...
Thanks for fixing the name, btw!

jamespetts

If one person is losing synchronisation and another not, this suggests that the person who is having the trouble may not have the same version of code and pakset. I suggest re-downloading the pakset and cleanly installing it into a fresh directory just to be sure.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Ves

I suspected that too after vladkis experiment, why I downloaded the zip from the nightlife's and manually updated the pakset, removing the old one first. But I will try tomorrow to redownload the nightlies completely in a fresh directory and see if that helps.

Skickat från min ONEPLUS A6003 via Tapatalk

Ves

After a complete reinstall with the nightly installer (deleting the hashfile and the paksetfolder completely) it appears fixed. Thanks!