News:

Simutrans Wiki Manual
The official on-line manual for Simutrans. Read and contribute.

Station / stop shows a number and not names

Started by rochesu, September 10, 2018, 05:48:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rochesu

I have been playing simutrans for many years now. Recently I thought of playing the Contrast pak. I also downloaded and installed the newest stable version with all paks. I started a map in the Contrast pak and I noticed that the station/stops are showing as numbers and not unique names. I thought it was something that is part of contrast pak. Then I started a pak128 map, but the same thing (see the screenshot). I checked in the pak64 and its the same thing.

I want to know how to get back the unique names for the stations/stops. I liked it better that way.

prissi

There is a steeing for numbered station. When you create a new map, there is settings, and the sixth entry from the top is "numbered stations". Switch this off and your next map will get unique names.

rochesu

Thanks so much Prissi. It made all the difference. I feel so stupid now that I didn't check the settings when starting a new game. I actually went through all the configuration files and seemed to have missed the specific settings. Thanks again.