News:

Simutrans Sites
Know our official sites. Find tools and resources for Simutrans.

No alternative routing

Started by Rollmaterial, September 16, 2018, 06:28:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rollmaterial

At the Bridgewater-Brunel server, the train on line F Livestock 2 gets stuck at Elsfont station even when alternative routes are clear.

DrSuperGood

Rebuild signals and check the tracks have enough axel load.

Rollmaterial

Axle load is not an issue and neither do the signals seem to be one.

jamespetts

I am not sure that I understand from the description exactly what the problem is - what do you mean by "alternative routes" here? Is this a choose signal related issue?
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Rollmaterial

Yes, the train does not find an alternative route from the choose signal at the entry to the end of choose sign at the exit.

jamespetts

I have not the time to investigate this immediately in any detail, and I am concerned that the server may have moved on by the time that I do get a chance to look into it - would you be able to save an instance of the server game at a point in time where this issue is just about to occur so that I can come back to this at any point and investigate the issue? I should be most grateful.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Rollmaterial

I am still having this issue with the same train at the same station. Moreover, the choose signal at the entry displays caution.

jamespetts

Does this occur with every train on this line on every occasion of it approaching this station?

Rollmaterial

There is only one train on that line and it seems to occur at every occasion.