News:

SimuTranslator
Make Simutrans speak your language.

missing files in source archive of version 120.4

Started by CannonBall7, September 17, 2018, 04:02:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CannonBall7

Within the simutrans-src-120-4.zip archive that was just posted today, there's several files missing compared to version 120.3, e.g. Makefile, get_pak.sh, common.mk. It looks like it was assembled using an outdated revision of zipsrc.sh. Is it possible for a corrected version of the archive to be posted?

Ters

Makefile, common.mk and possibly get_pak.sh have existed for ages. That they are missing can't be attributed to an outdated zipsrc.sh. I can't even find any zipsrc.sh! Nor do I ever remember seeing one. Shouldn't it simply be a matter of zipping a clean working directory?

CannonBall7

If you do a checkout directly from SVN, i.e. svn://servers.simutrans.org/simutrans, you'll see zipsrc.sh is at the very top level along with trunk/.

Ters

Nobody expects files at that level! trunk is the root of the source tree in SVN. The only siblings would be branches and tags.

prissi

It was packed with the current file, and taht contains commands to explicitely include the Makefile. But somehow find does no longer want to find Makefile without wildcards. I suspect the Msys update I did last week. I changed the fiel and reuploaded again.

CannonBall7

Thanks for the fix. Mac users with Homebrew installed can now install Simutrans with brew install simutrans.

prissi

I would be also grateful for a distribution package for sourceforge for MacOS ...