News:

Simutrans Forum Archive
A complete record of the old Simutrans Forum.

pak128 2.8

Started by gauthier, September 19, 2018, 08:49:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gauthier

Bugfix release of pak2.8 here.

This release is focused on the recent addition of priority signals. There's nearly nothing more than that.
You need to upgrade Simutrans to 120.4 or later to run this release of pak128 !

There is a display bug with the dual version of the priority signal (the one which depends on the electrification). My bad ! I already submitted a patch to the game to fix it and I hope that it will be released soon.

DOWNLOAD
pak128 2.8 (97 MB) for Simutrans 120.4 and higher

For those upgrading from a pak128 version prior to 2.7

IMPORTANT NOTE regarding length changes on some trams and monorails in 2.7: when loading a savegame which contains convoys of these vehicles with the new pak128, you may get a bug where these convoys remain stuck in place for no reason. For each of these convoys, click on the convoy to have its information window pop up, then click on "schedule" and close the schedule window. Thus, the convoys recomputes its schedule and it should fix the problem. This is due to the change in length of the convoy since the last time the savegame was saved.

For those upgrading from a pak128 version prior to 2.5.0

SHORT TUTORIAL for building bridges and tunnels with half heights.
Reminder: Pak128 before 2.5.0 and pak128 from 2.5.0 (including this one) are likely to be NOT compatible regarding half heights change.

changelog
_ Mapped "$" key to dialog tool 27 (open settings during a game, for experienced players)
_ Changed color of terrain grid to be visible underground (thanks to Uci)
_ Added priority signals for trains and monorails

Please report ANY bugs or suggestions, even if an object is just ugly to you

DrSuperGood

QuoteIMPORTANT NOTE regarding length changes on some trams and monorails in 2.7: when loading a savegame which contains convoys of these vehicles with the new pak128, you may get a bug where these convoys remain stuck in place for no reason. For each of these convoys, click on the convoy to have its information window pop up, then click on "schedule" and close the schedule window. Thus, the convoys recomputes its schedule and it should fix the problem.
What breaks with these? Would an automated solution for next Simutrans release be a viable option? In other words would Simutrans be able to detect such a state on load and implicitly order a schedule recompute?

Not that it helps people now, but might be a useful feature to look into in future in case other pakset authors encounter a similar problem.

gauthier

It sounds like the track reservation code does not support a sudden convoy length change. I think this is the main concern. An automated solution to fix stuck convoys would be an extra safety.

prissi

The reservations are not saved, but the position of the vehicles are saved. Thus this could make convois with holes, which could lead to stuck convois.

Why did you not add location forest to the the forest at least as well?

gauthier

QuoteWhy did you not add location forest to the the forest at least as well?
I'm sorry but I have no idea what you are talking about  :o

DrSuperGood

QuoteI'm sorry but I have no idea what you are talking about   
Recent changes have been merged allowing forrest placement of industry. This means that the industry will only spawn on tiles surrounded by trees, if trees are available.

gauthier

I definitly missed this, thanks for reporting. It will be in the next release. Thanks ;)