News:

Simutrans Wiki Manual
The official on-line manual for Simutrans. Read and contribute.

Can't take people from overcrowded station

Started by AlphA, October 03, 2018, 01:48:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AlphA

My 'no_routing_over_overcrowded' option is false.
Over half of my stations are overcrowded, but it should take passengers if this option is false. right?

Ters

no_routing_over_overcrowded prevents passengers (and cargo) from being sent to overcrowded stops. It does not prevent them from leaving an overcrowded stop. In fact, that is very much what needs to be done to solve the problem.

There are many possibilities given the lack of information. I can think of the following:

• Most of the passengers want to go somewhere that you have very few vehicles going to.
  • You have turned off the global option, but this only affects new games. The setting is still turned on in your particular game.
  • avoid_overcrowding is on.

TurfIt

Quote from: Ters on October 03, 2018, 05:34:13 PM
no_routing_over_overcrowded prevents passengers (and cargo) from being sent to overcrowded stops.
Nope. That's what avoid_overcrowding does. no_routing_... prevents the pax from coming into the world in the first place - 'no route'.

Ters

It was a bit rushed. The point was that it is incoming passengers that are affected, not outgoing passengers, which is true for both. Although outgoing passenger from one stop is another stop's incoming passengers.