News:

Simutrans Forum Archive
A complete record of the old Simutrans Forum.

Where is the executable in 120.4.1 x64 for Linux?

Started by DanteLives, October 09, 2018, 11:30:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DanteLives

The subject says it all. I have downloaded simulinux-x64-120-4-1.zip twice and I cannot find any type of executable file in the package.

DanteLives

Thank you for the information, Frank. I didn't find the bug post before. Compile it or use an out of date repository are not satisfactory answers. The last time I tried compiling Simutrans I had trouble finding a makefile and gave up. I'll try it again and report the results.

DanteLives

Correction, it's not that I couldn't find a makefile when compiling it's that I can't find a configuration script. Here are my results after confirming that I have all the required packages as listed in the readme file.

user@host:~/simutrans source$ ./configure
bash: ./configure: No such file or directory

user@host:~/simutrans source$ make
Makefile:21: *** Unkown BACKEND "", must be one of "allegro gdi opengl sdl sdl2 mixer_sdl mixer_sdl2 posix".  Stop.

To be clear, when I wrote that I had all the required packages listed in the readme file that included libsdl2-dev. I don't know why the makefile can't find that library.

Ters

Quote from: Frank on October 10, 2018, 07:06:40 PM
install autoconf
You have to run it as well, but, as I've mentioned elsewhere, that step is missing from the guide.

DanteLives

Perhaps this thread should be closed as I've been following up on the bug thread that Frank linked to and Ters referenced. The short summary of the development of this problem that I ran through over there is that I have "successfully" compiled from simutrans-src-120-4-1.zip, but the result is the same as simulinux-x64-120-4-1.zip - there is no executable to be found.