News:

Simutrans.com Portal
Our Simutrans site. You can find everything about Simutrans from here.

Changing Livery of Existing Vehicles

Started by SuperTimo, October 11, 2018, 10:40:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SuperTimo

Apologies if this is really obvious or explained elsewhere. I have spent a long time searching the forums, and the in-game help, but I cannot for the life of me figure out how to change the livery of existing vehicles. Most of the 'Big 4' steam locos have a BR livery despite it not being possible to build them under BR, presumably no one would go to the effort of creating them if it wasn't possible to change the livery. I have tried sending them to the depot and using the replace tool with the upgrade option to no avail. Disassembling the convoy shows the Loco and coaches in the correct livery where you click to add them to the the convoy, but as soon you put them in the convoy they appear as their old livery.

For example with this LNER A3: I have sent it to the depot and removed it from a convoy, when removed it is shown in BR Green.

When I add it to the convoy again it reverts back to LNER apple green. (selecting British Rail as the livery makes no difference.)

Anyone able to help with this?

jamespetts

There are plans to upgrade the livery system so that it automatically changes on overhaul (when the overhaul feature is introduced). However, for the present, liveries of existing vehicles can be changed by changing the livery selected in the line management window for the line to which the convoy containing the vehicle(s) in question belongs.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

SuperTimo

Ahh, I knew there was something simple I was missing. Thanks.