News:

Simutrans Forum Archive
A complete record of the old Simutrans Forum.

Has Pak64 changed considerably over the last year or so?

Started by Fraoch, November 05, 2018, 10:29:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fraoch

Or is it just me?
I seem to recall way, way more vehicles.  There was the EMD FT, several useful RENFE locomotives in the 1960s, and eventually superlative locomotives like the Renfe 334, the hydrogen-powered "Apple Pie" and the best of the best for heavier trains, the "Lemon".

The goods cars kept upgrading on a regular basis, first through boxcars then through several container cars.

With buses there were trolley buses.
With aircraft there were multiple variants of the Boeing 737 series.
Where did those all go?  I recently installed 120.2.2 with its associated pak64 and they were gone.  Instead there are far fewer vehicles and they are far more expensive to run.  I was lost there for a moment.
The game is not as fun, upgrading vehicles to something newer and better and faster was a big part of the fun.  This doesn't happen nearly as often with the new paksets.

I compiled and installed 120.4.1 and its associated pak64 (also trying pak128) and they're not there.
Am I missing something?  Did I install the wrong pakset?  Are those great vehicles gone?

prissi

DId you use pak128.german? Because pak64 never ever had trolley busses, nor the Apple Pie or the Lemon. I really thing you as looking for another pak. (Renfe sounds like pak128 though.)

Most of the things you are mentioning are available as addons, mostly from http://japanese.simutrans.com/index.php?Site_Map#g6a61150
Copy them into an addon directory, so they will not be overwritten next update.

Fraoch

Thank you Prissi.  Guess I'm confused about which pak I was using, though I can't find these things in either pak64 or pak128 now.
I'm fairly certain I would not have knowingly used pak64.german or the Japanese add-ons, unless they came with the version in the Debian/Ubuntu/Linux Mint repos.
I'll experiment around and see if I can find these again.

Fraoch

OK so I feel stupid.  It was obviously pak128 I was playing.  Installed it on 120.4.1 and everything's back.
Sorry!

Frank

Quote from: Fraoch on November 06, 2018, 02:32:04 PMThank you Prissi.  Guess I'm confused about which pak I was using, though I can't find these things in either pak64 or pak128 now.
I'm fairly certain I would not have knowingly used pak64.german or the Japanese add-ons, unless they came with the version in the Debian/Ubuntu/Linux Mint repos.
I'll experiment around and see if I can find these again.

Die Repos der Distributionen enthalten meist pak64, pak128 und gelegentlich pak128.Britain. And usually also in rather outdated versions.

The repo of simutrans-germany.com contains a lot more.