News:

The Forum Rules and Guidelines
Our forum has Rules and Guidelines. Please, be kind and read them ;).

Fishing-Sloop from 120.4 slower than the older, why?

Started by ROCAMBOLER529, November 22, 2018, 09:49:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ROCAMBOLER529

Hi community:

Revising the new Simutrans Pak64 Food Add-on i saw that this version came with a worst Fishing-Sloop (the 1610 fish boat). Increasing the weigh of the FISH good (1t Fish good = 0,1t CATEGORY04 in 120.3 ----> 1t Fish good = 1t CATEGORT04 in 120.4) this actualization damanged the Fishing-Sloop turning the best Fish boat onto the worst fish boat in the Pak... Why developers??? Why did you do that???

Srry but i dont have any image ´cause i forgot how to upload them
The Argentian (Argentina Empire)

Ters

Sounds a lot like this report I made many months ago: https://forum.simutrans.com/index.php/topic,16843.0.html

That one tonne of fish now weighs one tonne was probably part of a general clean-up so that the units make sense. What is missing is tuning everything else to match this. In this case, the fish vehicles should either have been powered up, or the capacity turned down. The latter would also require adjusting production rates, consumption rates and worth per unit.

ROCAMBOLER529

Well, i dont know what happened but... what you are telling me is that this error was happening since last year so, if in an older Simutrans version this error was fixed, in this Simutrans version 120.4 may be fixed too.
The Argentian (Argentina Empire)

Ters

No, I am saying that this was broken in an older version of Simutrans or pak64, and never acknowledged as a error.

However, what you write about weight does not appear to be entirely correct. Fish is measured in crates, not tonnes. The weight of one crate of fish was set to 600 kg in 2014. Before that, it was undefined, which means some default value was used. I don't know what that default value is or was.

prissi