News:

SimuTranslator
Make Simutrans speak your language.

Increase consume of goods?

Started by accord2, November 26, 2018, 04:59:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

accord2

I am making a "roleplay" game and I can't get a "realistic" goods line, because shops take so long to consume goods that I may have about two good's trains an year. Is there a parameter in Simuconf that I can edit to raise the consume level?
Son of a railroad man,  growing up in train stations, lover of trains

Vladki

You can supply electricity to the shop, and you have to supply passengers (both employees and customers) to raise the consumption. And you have to supply more shops.

DrSuperGood

Worth mentioning that consumption rates are meant to be modelled around real time, and not real months. That means something like coal consumption in a power plant is 1:1 per hour and not 1:1 with the amount such a power plant would use in real life in a month. This is so that traffic is realistic, with a good mix of passengers and goods.

accord2

Thanks! So, maybe I can build a shop per town but isn't that going to make all towns grow to the point they all get to the same size? (instead of bigger and smaller towns?)
Son of a railroad man,  growing up in train stations, lover of trains

Vladki

I'm not sure about the effects on town growth, but it would be more realistic. Every town needs a grocery, butcher, coal merchant, newsstand,...