News:

Use the "Forum Search"
It may help you to find anything in the forum ;).

Anyone else uses "Depots"?

Started by accord2, November 28, 2018, 01:38:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

accord2

So instead of making trains wait for schedule at train stations (that occupies platforms) I build depots (as in real life) where they wait. the only problem I have (maybe because they are wrongly built) sometimes they wait to enter/depart station so two trains go together in the same line, because they waited so long that another train arrived to make the same service.(they waited because trains from other lines keep entering/leaving the station)

Anyone else uses this method or just make them wait at platforms?
What are your thoughts?
If this is used by more players, maybe a depot tile (as those irl, not a building) could be added.
Son of a railroad man,  growing up in train stations, lover of trains

Phystam

I usually use "storage line platforms" instead of depots. (I do not know how to say correctly)
It is not included in Pak128.Britain-Ex, so I imported it from standard add-on with small changes.
.dat code:

enables_pax=0
enables_post=0
enables_ware=0
capacity=0

will help you.

Junna

Quote from: Phystam on November 29, 2018, 01:15:27 AM
I usually use "storage line platforms" instead of depots. (I do not know how to say correctly)
It is not included in Pak128.Britain-Ex, so I imported it from standard add-on with small changes.

Using the goods siding platform works for this purpose, as it has no capacity by default, as long as no additional buildings are added, and I use them this way also. The word English term is usually 'stabling siding/stabling point'.

Phystam

Thank you, Junna! I remember that. (留置線--stabling siding/stabling point. What is the difference?)
I am not familiar with most of technical terms on transportation. Horribly, web dictionary/translator sometimes says incorrect words.
So if I say incorrectly, please let me know about correct words.
--
Anyway, I confirmed that the goods platform has no attraction for passengers so it can be used for that purpose. Thank you again.

accord2

Yes, its the goods platform with 0 capacity that I use. "storage line platforms" is that the official name?
Son of a railroad man,  growing up in train stations, lover of trains