News:

Do you need help?
Simutrans Wiki Manual can help you to play and extend Simutrans. In 9 languages.

Transfering rolling stock between depots.

Started by BAC1-11, December 02, 2018, 01:39:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BAC1-11

Hello, I'm wondering if it is possible to transfer rolling stock between different depots. I have Simutrans.Ex nightly development build (14.0 #9bf7a29). For example I have old LSWR Seven (and Nine) Compartment carriages pulled by Steam locos, it tells me the coaches are upgradeable to EMUs, so I was considering how can I move them to my Electrical Depot to upgrade them as inside the steam depot I cannot upgrade them.
Equally, If i have a rake steam hauled MK.1s, are they confined to my steam depot when steam all becomes obsolete, or is there a way of moving them to a ''modern traction'' depot?

Thanks, I can provide pictures or a download to my map if that helps

Rollmaterial

The only way to move stock between depots is by making a convoy and sending it to the other depot. At a depot order in a convoy's schedule, the convoy remains in the depot.

BAC1-11

I understand that, But in SImutrans Extended You have depots for different power systems, so for example I cannot create a Diesel Locomotive from either an Electric or Steam Depot, but you can create non-powered rolling stock in both. I was wondering if there was a way of transferring Passenger carriages between Steam and Electric Depots as My carriages are hauled by steam engines, but upgradeable to EMUs. So how can i move them to an electric depot? Or are you saying put the electric depot on the steam engines schedule and remove the coaches once in there?

Ah, Okay I see now, for some reason the convoy wouldn't enter the depot before, but now it all works properly, Thanks