News:

Do you need help?
Simutrans Wiki Manual can help you to play and extend Simutrans. In 9 languages.

Some asset creation questions

Started by accord2, December 02, 2018, 06:31:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

accord2

Several questions:
1- I followed that blender tutorial for setup and when I make the "floor" 25x25 it doesn't fit in the isometric view of blender. How can I fix this (is 25x25 the size of a Pak128.Britain tile?)
2- I'd like to create my own signs, is there a tutorial for this? if it too hard making real signs, I'll be happy with decorative ones (like speed and such). I want to add floor signalling at depots and junctions.
3- how tall is a slope?
4- It bugs me that the yellow station building (stone station building) in the pakset doesn't have a nice ending at the side (it ends abruptly) and I'd like to add some windows and fix the roof. Can I do this? Where can I find the model to edit it?
Son of a railroad man,  growing up in train stations, lover of trains

jamespetts

1. I am not sure what you mean by not fitting in the isometric view. The view can be zoomed, rotated and shifted. I believe that the earliest part of the tutorial deals with this.

2. Do you mean signs or signals? In Simutrans, they are not identical - a sign is static, whereas a signal responds to vehicle movements. Also, signs are usable on a variety of way types, whereas signals (other than traffic lights, which are in a category of their own) are usable only on rail based ways. There is no specific tutorial for creating signs or signals: the process for creating the graphics is the the same as for the vehicles, except that only four rotations are needed rather than eight.

3. I do not understand the question, I am afraid. Can you elaborate?

4. The model should be in the Pak128.Britain .blends repository, which is linked in the Pak128.Britain forum.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

accord2

1 - In blender when we click F12 (I think this is the key) there is a view from camera point. If I use 20x20, it fits perfectly in the screen, but if I use a 25x25 base it doesn't fit.
2 - Yes, both. I'd like to try and create over head signals and maximum speed limit signs (so trains don't go faster a certain speed after them).
3 - A slope is 125mx125m by nature. How tall is a half and full slope? How many meters is the tile from it's base to the base of upper tile (title next to it but in higher ground)? Like this:
  / | Upper slope/tile
/__| Lower slope/tile

Thanks!

jamespetts

1. I am afraid that I still do not understand what you mean. You can navigate around and zoom in and out by arbitrary amounts with the mouse.

2. I suggest that you use existing pakset objects as a template so that you can see what is required for creating these.

3. I am not sure that I understand what this means exactly - there are two distance scales: the graphical scale and the economic scale. In the graphical scale, tiles are approximately (if I recall correctly) 32 meters square. In the economic scale, tiles are 125 meters square. In the graphical scale, tiles are 16m high (for half height slopes) or 32m high (for full height slopes). There is no defined height for the economic scale.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

accord2

Thanks, next week I'll try taking a picture and explain it  better.