News:

The Forum Rules and Guidelines
Our forum has Rules and Guidelines. Please, be kind and read them ;).

Bug: carriage/vehicle overloading

Started by Spenk009, December 15, 2018, 12:06:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spenk009

A while back there was a discussion about individual trains sometimes taking on far too many passengers. I've tried to find this discussion to add to the topic, but I couldn't find it.

Updated savegame

Here is a savegame with the bug occuring. The save (should) open with a focus on a train from "(26) Line". It is approaching Yerlingate Piccadilly Railway Station (1353, 757), to wait for its schedule, reverse and depart. As the convoy waits for its schedule, 4:05 minutes ahead of its next movement it abandons the maximum seating and "seats" 162 additional passengers in the middle coach. This is seconds before the train of "Line 31" comes to a complete halt.

If this topic can be merged or I should host the files elsewhere, let me know.

edit: Updated the savegame link

jamespetts

Thank you for this report, and my apologies for not having had time to look into this before now: I have been very busy these past few weeks.

I am now staying with my parents for Christmas and do not have my usual computer with me: only my Linux NUC on which debugging is much more difficult. Therefore, I am afraid that looking into the cause of this will have to wait until I get home in the 2nd week of January. However, it is very useful that you have managed to find a reliable reproduction case for this issue. I will look into this when I return home.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

jamespetts

The time has come to look into this bug, but I am afraid that the download link now appears not to work (it complains that I am not logged in). Would you be able tor re-upload this? I should be very grateful.

I should note that this is of some significance as there is some possibility that fixing this might help to fix the loss of synchronisation bug.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

jamespetts

Thank you for re-uploading this file. I believe that I have now managed to fix this, and I should be grateful if you could re-test.

This was caused by an integer underflow, so this is not a very promising candidate for the cause of the loss of synchronisation on the server, but it will nonetheless be worth testing to-morrow to see whether this makes any difference.

Spenk009

I can confirm that the behavior is fixed.