News:

Simutrans Tools
Know our tools that can help you to create add-ons, install and customize Simutrans.

Add station ownership line to info window

Started by wlindley, December 23, 2018, 04:11:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wlindley

Here is a patch to add station ownership line to the halt info window.

Without this, especially in large multiplayer games, it is often confusing to guess to which of the five blue players a station belongs.

Pull request

jamespetts

Thank you for that - that is most helpful. Can I check whether the text "owned by" has been defined elsewhere? If not, you will need to add a .dat file for uploading to Simutranslator with this text to allow for translation to other languages.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

wlindley

Checked before submission; the "owned by" is successfully translated to "Owned by" (note capitalization) in the dat file.

jamespetts

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Ranran(retired)

Any building/object can know the owner by the title bar color of the dialog window, but IMO, it is better to unify formats with other dialog windows.

For example, currently, other dialog window does not include "Owned by:", but only the owner is written.

I mean, I think display only owner is better.

(bty, when tried to erase "owned by" by using null translation, ":" could not be erased.)
ひめしという日本人が開発者達の助言を無視して自分好みの機能をextendedに"強引に"実装し、
コードをぐちゃぐちゃにしてメンテナンスを困難にし(とりわけ道路と建物関連)、
挙句にバグを大量に埋め込み、それを知らんぷりして放置し(隠居するなどと言って)別のところに逃げ隠れて自分のフォーク(OTRP)は開発を続けている
その事実と彼の無責任さに日本人プレイヤーは目を向けるべき。らんらんはそれでやる気をなくした(´・ω・`)
他人の振り見て我が振り直せ。ひめしのようにならないために、らんらんが生み出したバグや問題は自分で修正しなくちゃね(´・ω・`)

jamespetts

Ranran makes a valid point about the consistency. Before I make the change, does anyone else have any views on this topic? W. Lindley - was there a reason that you did this differently in this case?

wlindley

I gladly agree.  Perhaps I was remembering that string in a long-ago version's dialogue, but testing (and the nifty 'ag' program) reveals otherwise at least in current versions.  Good catch.

jamespetts

Thank you both: I have now removed the "owned by" string as suggested.