The International Simutrans Forum

Author Topic: Bug: The numerical display of chart is invisible when it protrudes from dialog.  (Read 421 times)

Offline Ranran jp

• Languages: ja
Merry something. I brought a bug report. (´・ω・`)

I noticed that the chart values were not displayed correctly.
This seems to be caused by protruding from the dialog window. This symptom is not seen in the standard.

In some dialogs, numbers are not displayed even if you change the window size like this.

Offline jamespetts gb

• Simutrans-Extended project coordinator
  • Cake baker
    • Bridgewater-Brunel
  • Languages: EN
I have noticed this for a while and it is rather annoying. I know very little about the graphics engine, and I am having trouble understanding why this is present in Extended but not Standard, as I do not believe that I have altered any code that affects this. I wonder whether there was a fix for this in Standard that has yet to be incorporated into Extended?

Offline jamespetts gb

• Cake baker
    • Bridgewater-Brunel
Can I ask whether any of the Standard developers know whether this was once a problem in Standard that was fixed there?

Offline Ranran jp

• Languages: ja
I do not know whether the standard had this bug, but standard has the chart set to "right to left" in the default setting and the right margin is more widely taken than extended, It may have not seen this situation much.

But it does not seem to be a right margin problem.

Offline jamespetts gb

• Cake baker
    • Bridgewater-Brunel
It is a very odd issue. I do not understand enough about the code in which it is written to fix it within a reasonable period of time given the other bugs/balance issues, but this is an annoying problem.

If anyone would like to look into this in the meantime, that would be very helpful.