News:

The Forum Rules and Guidelines
Our forum has Rules and Guidelines. Please, be kind and read them ;).

Bug: The numerical display of chart is invisible when it protrudes from dialog.

Started by Ranran(retired), December 25, 2018, 12:00:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ranran(retired)

Merry something. I brought a bug report. (´・ω・`)

I noticed that the chart values were not displayed correctly.
This seems to be caused by protruding from the dialog window. This symptom is not seen in the standard.

In some dialogs, numbers are not displayed even if you change the window size like this.
ひめしという日本人が開発者達の助言を無視して自分好みの機能をextendedに"強引に"実装し、
コードをぐちゃぐちゃにしてメンテナンスを困難にし(とりわけ道路と建物関連)、
挙句にバグを大量に埋め込み、それを知らんぷりして放置し(隠居するなどと言って)別のところに逃げ隠れて自分のフォーク(OTRP)は開発を続けている
その事実と彼の無責任さに日本人プレイヤーは目を向けるべき。らんらんはそれでやる気をなくした(´・ω・`)
他人の振り見て我が振り直せ。ひめしのようにならないために、らんらんが生み出したバグや問題は自分で修正しなくちゃね(´・ω・`)

jamespetts

I have noticed this for a while and it is rather annoying. I know very little about the graphics engine, and I am having trouble understanding why this is present in Extended but not Standard, as I do not believe that I have altered any code that affects this. I wonder whether there was a fix for this in Standard that has yet to be incorporated into Extended?
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

jamespetts

Can I ask whether any of the Standard developers know whether this was once a problem in Standard that was fixed there?

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Ranran(retired)

I do not know whether the standard had this bug, but standard has the chart set to "right to left" in the default setting and the right margin is more widely taken than extended, It may have not seen this situation much.

But it does not seem to be a right margin problem.

jamespetts

It is a very odd issue. I do not understand enough about the code in which it is written to fix it within a reasonable period of time given the other bugs/balance issues, but this is an annoying problem.

If anyone would like to look into this in the meantime, that would be very helpful.

Ranran(retired)

Oh, old thread. The day has finally come when you travel to hades. Donna Donna Donna Donna~♪ (´・ω・`)

I fixed the cause of missing characters. It seems that this function(display_ddd_proportional, not the display_ddd_proportional_clip) is currently only used to display chart numbers. Therefore there is no effect on others. However, this function is not currently in the standard, so we will need to be aware of how this looks changes when imcorporate from the standard.

I threw a pull request  :arrow:
https://github.com/jamespetts/simutrans-extended/pull/135

EDIT:
Standard does not seem to assume that the display of the numerical value protrudes. The same symptom will be exhibited again if the code is aligned by incorporating in the future. Care must be taken not to erase the function and make the code for its display the same as standard.

jamespetts

Excellent - this is very helpful, thank you. This seems to work, so I have incorporated it. This has been an annoyance for some time.