News:

Want to praise Simutrans?
Your feedback is important for us ;D.

Adjustment of mini-map window

Started by Ranran(retired), December 28, 2018, 11:16:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ranran(retired)

I thought that it would be out of the main theme of this thread, so I post a new thread.

(1) About mini map dialog minimum(default) size adjustment:

Currently(400px)

Change(432px)

Currently, there were many margins so I felt it unnatural. If expand it's width slightly, it fits into four buttons. 
So, I expanded the minimum size from 400px to 432px.

I noticed that the mini-map's button size is set slightly larger than other window. (for "Show map scale" label?)
const scr_size button_size(max(D_BUTTON_WIDTH, 100), D_BUTTON_HEIGHT);

So, it does not fit four buttons with default setting.

Is this change accepted?

(2) Bug(?) fix:
I found the bug that once pressed the "Weight limit" button then the tooltip help for "Weight limit" changed to "Passenger destinations" after that.
(You can see in the above image.)

The cause of this was on line 521 of gui\map_frame.cc.

filter_buttons[18].set_tooltip("Passenger destinations");

I took this away but does this have any meaning? (For example, can not keep up with the later change)

(3) Label color grouping, change order:
Some buttons are already grouped and it is not divided by exclusive relationship.
Since buttons increased, there were many white buttons.

I think it can group "way" and "citybuilding" and colored.

About Citybuildings :Building / Commuting / Visiting / Staffing
About Ways : Traffic / Wear / Speed limit / Weight limit / Tracks / Powerlines
NOTE: I have not add these change for (3) yet.

What do you think about these?
ひめしという日本人が開発者達の助言を無視して自分好みの機能をextendedに"強引に"実装し、
コードをぐちゃぐちゃにしてメンテナンスを困難にし(とりわけ道路と建物関連)、
挙句にバグを大量に埋め込み、それを知らんぷりして放置し(隠居するなどと言って)別のところに逃げ隠れて自分のフォーク(OTRP)は開発を続けている
その事実と彼の無責任さに日本人プレイヤーは目を向けるべき。らんらんはそれでやる気をなくした(´・ω・`)
他人の振り見て我が振り直せ。ひめしのようにならないために、らんらんが生み出したバグや問題は自分で修正しなくちゃね(´・ω・`)

jamespetts

Thank you for that: this is most helpful and definitely an improvement. I have incorporated this.

One thing with the window size, however: I notice that "Total capacity" is cut off on the right. I suspect that, before, it was simply not visible at all, but now it is partly visible and does not look good. I wonder whether the window could be re-arranged so as to have "Total capacity" such that it is not partly cut off at the default size?

In terms of the colours, I agree that it is sensible to update the colour groupings, which would certainly improve the UI. Perhaps a light blue would be a good additional colour?
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Ranran(retired)

How about these buttons color?

"Total capacity" - This is part of show legend and related to networks display, so  move down one line is better?

jamespetts

Yes, those seem good colours and sensible groupings, thank you. Moving "total capacity" down a line might be sensible, but this would make the window take more vertical space. Perhaps it could go to the right of "Isometric view" instead, but only be activated when "show legend" is selected?

Also, I forgot to mention above: we need a .dat file for the new translatable texts for the tooltips and "Staffing".

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Ranran(retired)

QuotePerhaps it could go to the right of "Isometric view" instead, but only be activated when "show legend" is selected?

You mean like this?
I also thought of the same thing, so I tried it but I could not select the checkbox although it would display there. (´・ω・`)

b_overlay_networks_load_factor.set_pos(scr_coord(3*D_BUTTON_WIDTH, -D_BUTTON_HEIGHT));

I attach dat file for translator to this post. Probably existing visiting and commuting are different as initials are lowercase.

jamespetts

That is very odd - I do not know enough about the GUI code to be able to assist with that.

Thank you for the .dat file: I have now uploaded this to Simutranslator.