News:

Simutrans.com Portal
Our Simutrans site. You can find everything about Simutrans from here.

Choose signal after greedy signal

Started by cato58, January 09, 2019, 12:43:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cato58

I was finding that some of my choose signals weren't working - that trains were waiting for the first spot in the yard, even if alternatives were available.  The problem seemed to exist whenever the train went through a greedy signal immediately prior to the choose signal.  So I placed a normal signal between the two and the choose signal started working again.

I suspect there is a bug issue in placing a greedy signal immediately prior to a choose signal.

prissi

gauthier

A related problem is known for long, even before the introduction of priority signals ("greedy" in pak64 afaik) so that trains would not choose other platforms when coming at a presignal preceding a choose signal. With priority signals, even if the choosing sometimes does not happen at the priority signal, we could expect that it happens at the choose signal. Could you post a screenshot of the situation so we can try to reproduce it ?

prissi

The choosing will never happen at the greedy signals, the greedy signals will stop reserving at the choose signal.