News:

SimuTranslator
Make Simutrans speak your language.

Where to find the game version of servers?

Started by mr2cef, January 10, 2019, 07:42:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mr2cef

Hi everyone,

sorry to bother you once more. I am trying to find the right game version to join an online server. However i only find the nightly builds, and the miss match. :-(. Is there a way to get the right versions to join the online servers?

thanks

jamespetts

May I ask to which online servers that you are referring? Both of the servers of which I am aware (that is, the Bridgewater-Brunel and the Stephenson-Seimens servers) use the latest nightly versions of both pakset and code.

The Bridgewater-Brunel server, however, is currently running only for debugging as there is a problem that is currently being investigated in which clients lose synchronisation and disconnect from the server.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

mr2cef

Oh, wow. I redownloaded the latest build and the latest pakset. Now i can join Bridgewater-Brunel.

But I cannot join Stephenson-Siemens. It claims i have the wrong packset, although i used the download link from the server announcement list? It claims there is still a missmatch between the packsets.

jamespetts

That is odd - perhaps that server does not keep itself up to date with the paksets. I do not administer that server, so I am not sure why this would be; I had thought that it updated automatically. It is possible that there is an error in the way in which it updates paksets such that it does not properly remove objects such as vehicles whose file-names change or which are deleted from the pakset entirely (note to anyone running a server: if building the pakset locally, always add "make clean" before "make" to the build script to prevent this), which would cause it to have a non-standard pakset version.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Vladki

I'll have a look, but maybe not today. The problem might be that I do not remove the pakset before unpacking new version, or that the update is done before fresh nightly is released. Yesterday I was playing on Stephenson Siemens and everything worked fine.

Vladki

I have changed the update script to clean up before unpacking new version of pakset. So it should be fixed with the next update.