News:

Simutrans Forum Archive
A complete record of the old Simutrans Forum.

Passengers evaluation icon on station information window

Started by Ranran(retired), January 11, 2019, 11:44:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ranran(retired)

Quote from: Vladki on January 25, 2019, 04:30:28 PMShowing the absolute numbers is imho more interesting, as the percentage can be roughly estimated from the color bar.
Also I would prefer putting all the numbers in one line to save vertical space.
I agree with that point. The problem was the width when the number grew.

This is a composite image to check the margin.

How about this layout?
ひめしという日本人が開発者達の助言を無視して自分好みの機能をextendedに"強引に"実装し、
コードをぐちゃぐちゃにしてメンテナンスを困難にし(とりわけ道路と建物関連)、
挙句にバグを大量に埋め込み、それを知らんぷりして放置し(隠居するなどと言って)別のところに逃げ隠れて自分のフォーク(OTRP)は開発を続けている
その事実と彼の無責任さに日本人プレイヤーは目を向けるべき。らんらんはそれでやる気をなくした(´・ω・`)
他人の振り見て我が振り直せ。ひめしのようにならないために、らんらんが生み出したバグや問題は自分で修正しなくちゃね(´・ω・`)

wlindley

The all-icon version is excellent, although it could use a bit more vertical space below the "Evaluation" label and between the line groups. 

Ves

Quote from: Ranran on January 25, 2019, 05:09:57 PM
I agree with that point. The problem was the width when the number grew.

This is a composite image to check the margin.

How about this layout?
I like this layout alot! If it works with numbers, then I do think it is fine. A quick note that it appears you have one single space to the left of the passenger and mail icons, that technically could be more useful among the evaluation entries.
Also, the icon you have now instead of the smiley I think works great, even bether than the previous smiley did!
You made the green bar darker on the passenger evaluation than it is on mail evaluation, may I ask why they are not the same green? The darker one sure does look less "in your face" than the light green, so perhaps changing the mail green to the passenger green?
What about the red color, is there a red that does not shine as much to accompany the darker green?

Ranran(retired)

At first glance, is the opinion that you guys want to change Happy face :) to Green one advantageous?

Quote from: Ves on January 26, 2019, 11:08:04 AMYou made the green bar darker on the passenger evaluation than it is on mail evaluation, may I ask why they are not the same green?
It is not necessary to distinguish the color of the bar by passengers and mail, but it is necessary to distinguish it in the chart.

The mail icon is a color of green check and the yellow of the mail, so I made it look like a mix.
Should it be used the same green and red on the bar? I would like everyone's opinion on this point.

Quote from: Ves on January 26, 2019, 11:08:04 AMWhat about the red color, is there a red that does not shine as much to accompany the darker green?
Red is now this color.

Here is a sample of colors that can be set in the GUI.
Corresponds to lightening when not pressing the button.

jamespetts

I do like this - this does make things rather clearer. One small thing: I think that I prefer the green check not in the circle to the one with the circle.

Other than that, is this ready for final testing and possibly implementation so far as you are concerned?
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Ranran(retired)

Quote from: jamespetts on January 29, 2019, 10:07:58 PMOther than that, is this ready for final testing and possibly implementation so far as you are concerned?
Yes. One thing that I care about is the label text of "Happy" is OK? But this can be edited easily using the translation function.

Quote from: jamespetts on January 29, 2019, 10:07:58 PMI think that I prefer the green check not in the circle to the one with the circle.
I replaced the image. Before you test you need to make a pak file.
The source file is here.
https://github.com/Ranran-the-JuicyPork/simutrans-pak128.britain/tree/master/gui/gui64

I attach the dat file of the translated word to be added.

jamespetts

I do not have time to test this evening, but it is an interesting question whether the word "happy" should be changed either in the base texts or the translations. I suspect that it may be better to change it in the translations so as not to interfere with existing translations, but I wonder whether "Pass. transported" might be better?

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

jamespetts

Thank you very much for your work on this: I am testing this now and it does look good. One very small thing: the text for "No route (pass.)" and "No route (mail)" in the buttons for the chart seems a few pixels higher than the other text for the buttons. Do you think that you could adjust this?

Ranran(retired)

Quote from: jamespetts on February 02, 2019, 04:26:52 PMthe text for "No route (pass.)" and "No route (mail)" in the buttons for the chart seems a few pixels higher than the other text for the buttons. Do you think that you could adjust this?
Hmm, I do not think that only the text of those buttons is different position...
I thought whether it is on above because of lowercase "g", "q", "p" and "y", but it looks a little bit higher in Japanese too.

Then , why don't you lower it by 1px when the button is pressed like this?

https://github.com/Ranran-the-JuicyPork/simutrans-extended/commit/4570bbe3bedf47b9d1106b6f2123361d321de42f

EDIT:
It may be due to the difference in button color and frame color that it looks higher position. (red vs blue)

jamespetts

Thank you very much for this. Looking very carefully at the buttons, it seems as though all the text might be slightly high, although I am not sure why; however, I do like your idea (and implementation) of lowering the text when the button is pressed.

In any event, I have now incorporated this, as any further issues that there might be are very minor. Therefore, the game with this new feature will be available from to-morrow's nightly build.

Thank you very much for your work on this - it is much appreciated.

Ranran(retired)

Thank you for testing and incorporating and many feedbacks.
I hope you guys like it. ;)

wlindley

On Linux Mint 18.1 with g++ 5.4.0, current git build results in fatal compile error:

gui/halt_info.cc: In member function 'virtual void halt_info_t::draw(scr_coord, scr_size)':
gui/halt_info.cc:532:48: error: 'round' is not a member of 'std'
     int mail_delivered_percentage = mail_sum ? std::round((double)(halt->haltes
                                                ^

jamespetts

W. Lindley - is this an error that you can confirm relates specifically to these changes?

Phystam

I could reproduce the error while compiling with mingw64 g++ compiler.

std::round is introduced from c++11. So you have to set the build option -std=c++11 or use other function.

Ranran(retired)

Thank you for pointing it out and I apologize the inconvenience I have caused. (´・ω・`)
I threw a pull request for fixing this.

jamespetts

Interesting. I am in the process of incorporating Ranran's fix, but I should note that C++11 is, I believe, the standard now for Simutrans (and Simutrans-Extended) code; the thread_local keyword is used in Simutrans-Extended, for example, and this is part of the C++11 specification.

Phystam

Maybe there is missing header file in gui/halt_info.cc.
When I added

#include <cmath>

then I could compile it.

--EDIT--
It also worked well on pak256-Ex! Looks good!

--EDIT2--
I modified the icons for pak256-Ex. However I cannot change the color of evaluation bars...

fam621

Quote from: thegamer7893 on January 19, 2019, 10:48:54 AM
When will this all be incorporated into the main game?

I feel like I'm asking the same question again but, when will all of these excellent touches to the in-game station information window be added? (mainly directed at James) Although, all of this does look certi (good/excellent in UK slang)

jamespetts

As stated in this post on this very thread, these changes have already been incorporated.

fam621

I never saw that post, sorry. But, I must say that it is a really noice feature