News:

Simutrans Chat Room
Where cool people of Simutrans can meet up.

Bit of track keeps reservation after passing of train

Started by Jando, January 22, 2019, 01:53:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jando

Hello all!

Please see above screenshot. Occasionally (thus not every time) when a train pulls into the above station one tile of track keeps the reservation while the rest of the track correctly gets set to not reserved.  I've only ever seen this when a trains pulls into the left platform of the station. It's always the same tile of track that stays reserved.

Saved game of this situation is here: https://simutrans-germany.com/files/upload/AA_Test.sve

Manually removing the wrongly reserved tile has always worked so far.

accord2

Sometimes I have the same problem, but with me it is when I change the train schedule making it change it's path. The old path still gets occupied until the end of month.
Son of a railroad man,  growing up in train stations, lover of trains

NoMorePacers

Whenever I've been affected by this problem, I've found that going over the tile with the track or electrification tool fixes the problem as well.

Jando

Here is a case of a train passing from a double line (absolute block) to a (token block) single track line and not correctly removing a reservation on a tile behind the train. Please see the following screenshot:

Whether this tile stays reserved or correctly gets cleared depends on the number of cars in the consist. A 4-tile long train with 9 cars will act correctly, a 4-tile long train with 10 or 11 cars will not clear the reservations. I can see this behaviour consistently on several locations of my current map.

How to reproduce:
- Download the following saved game: https://simutrans-germany.com/files/upload/AA_Bug_report.sve
- Hit pause. Locate the railway depot at the centre of the screen. There are 3 test convoys prepared in that depot, all of them 4 tiles long and all with a schedule that will cause the convoy to leave the depot onto the main line and head to the single track token block line. Only difference between the convoys is the number of cars in it, from 9 to 11.
- Select the convoy with 9 cars, hit the start button in the depot and you'll see the convoy heading out and correctly clearing the main line tile from reservations after heading onto the single track segment.
- Reload the saved game, select a convoy with 10 or 11 cars (still a 4-tile long convoy) and you see it leaving the wrongly reserved tile behind.

jamespetts

Thank you for the report. Unfortunately, I am not able to download the saved game, as I get a 404 error when attempting to do so. Would you be able to re-upload somewhere with perhaps a little more longevity? I am often not able to respond to bug reports for a few days. Thank you.
Edit I have merged the two topics as they appear to be the same report (apologies if this is not the case). The issue regarding the unavailability of the saved game applies equally to both.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Jando

My fault, James, I didn't specify how long to keep the file.

Same file here, with 30 days longevity now: https://simutrans-germany.com/files/upload/AA_Bug_report2.sve

jamespetts

I am afraid that I cannot reproduce this at Pinterridge. Can you let me know at what specific in-game time that this occurs in this saved game?

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Jando

Awfully sorry, James, in-game time? The trains showing the bug are in the depot in the centre of the screen, from my earlier post:

- Hit pause. Locate the railway depot at the centre of the screen. There are 3 test convoys prepared in that depot, all of them 4 tiles long and all with a schedule that will cause the convoy to leave the depot onto the main line and head to the single track token block line. Only difference between the convoys is the number of cars in it, from 9 to 11.
- Select the convoy with 9 cars, hit the start button in the depot and you'll see the convoy heading out and correctly clearing the main line tile from reservations after heading onto the single track segment.
- Reload the saved game, select a convoy with 10 or 11 cars (still a 4-tile long convoy) and you see it leaving the wrongly reserved tile behind.

No in-game time needed, the convoys that show the bug are in that depot roughly in the centre of the screen.

Vladki

I can confirm this happening on the stephenson-siemens on-line game in the passing loop controlled by signal-box at (572,216)

jamespetts

I think that I have fixed this: I should be grateful if you could re-test with the next nightly build.

Vladki

It seems that odd bit of reservation is still created while waiting for clearance, but is correctly cleared after the train passes the signal.

jamespetts

This is created at the rear tile of the train when a reservation is cleared; I cannot think of any circumstances in which this will cause a conflict with another train incorrectly; unless you are aware of any such circumstances, I will record this as fixed.

Vladki

No, it does not cause any problems. Just looks funny that the reservation is not continuous. Not really worth bothering.

jamespetts