News:

The Forum Rules and Guidelines
Our forum has Rules and Guidelines. Please, be kind and read them ;).

Update: Translations of Japanese in simutranslator

Started by Phystam, January 24, 2019, 11:31:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phystam

I could login to simutranslator, so I updated translations of Japanese.
Now almost all texts are translated, except for an unused test (which means I could not find in source code.)

jamespetts

Thank you for that.

I have been looking at the translations on Simutranslator. What I find when I download them and merge them (looking at the Japanese version in particular) is that some of the texts in the current ja.tab are removed and new texts are added. The texts that are removed seem to have no replacement, so, if I were to merge the version from Simutranslator, there would be Japanese translations removed.

It is not immediately clear how this situation has arisen, but it does mean that I am reluctant to merge the Simutranslator texts into the base distribution until this issue has been fixed.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Ranran(retired)

I wrote directly the translation word of the new word added in my recent patch to ja.tab. Is there a possibility that it is related? And does it cause problems?
ひめしという日本人が開発者達の助言を無視して自分好みの機能をextendedに"強引に"実装し、
コードをぐちゃぐちゃにしてメンテナンスを困難にし(とりわけ道路と建物関連)、
挙句にバグを大量に埋め込み、それを知らんぷりして放置し(隠居するなどと言って)別のところに逃げ隠れて自分のフォーク(OTRP)は開発を続けている
その事実と彼の無責任さに日本人プレイヤーは目を向けるべき。らんらんはそれでやる気をなくした(´・ω・`)
他人の振り見て我が振り直せ。ひめしのようにならないために、らんらんが生み出したバグや問題は自分で修正しなくちゃね(´・ω・`)

jamespetts

It is possible that it is related. The thing to do to fix this would be (1) to produce the appropriate base texts .dat file; (2) for me to upload this to Simutranslator; (3) for somebody to upload your version of ja.tab to Simutranslator (which should merge the two once the base texts are added); and (4) for me to download the merged ja.tab from Simutranslator and make this version part of the basic download.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Phystam

Ranran -- Do you have your simutranslator account?
If no, I will edit translation texts which you made.

Ranran(retired)

Quote from: jamespetts on February 03, 2019, 01:34:07 PMThe texts that are removed seem to have no replacement
I am interested in how this is caused since I do not think that loss will not occur if I have not deleted the translation word.
Is simutranslator strict and can not respond to line changes?
If the translated words that disappear are only those I added in recent patches it is not a big issue. (then, it was only a wasteful effort of myself)
Perhaps a lot of them are gathered near the last row.

Quote from: Phystam on February 04, 2019, 05:12:37 AMRanran -- Do you have your simutranslator account?
If no, I will edit translation texts which you made.
No, I do not have it.
(´・ω・`)最近追加した翻訳を追加するだけで解決なの?
(´・ω・`)らんらんにはよくわからないよ

And, being concerned about one thing, will words that have become unnecessary stay there for ever? (Do we have an obligation to leave it there?)

jamespetts

The way in which this might have been caused is if the version ja.tab that you were using did not have in it some of the translation strings that are in the version that I have: overwriting the version that I have with the version that you have would then result in those strings being removed.

I do not know exactly the way in which Simutranslator works and whether it can respond to line changes, but I believe that it is a fairly basic system.

I cannot immediately now recall which words disappeared, but you can avoid any waste in effort by following the method that I describe in my preceding post. If you decide to do this, please let me know when you have the .dat file so that I can undertake step (2).

Phystam

Ranran -- Please visit https://makie.de/translator/script/main.php (maybe you have already visited?)
Although you do not have your account, you can suggest the translation. When you write the suggestion of translation, I can accept it.

Ah, maybe I can add the translation object, can't I?  (あれ、ウェブ上からテキストを追加できるようになってる?)

makie

Note:
https://makie.de/translator/
and
https://translator.simutrans.com/
are aliases -> points to the same place
@Phystam
Yes you can create Objekts with "Create object" or you can write a .dat file and import this.
Also, a file with all .dat can be found in the .zip if you download the save files (text files) for all languages.

But please consult with jamespetts, he collects the .dat files in his svn.

Phystam

Thank you for your contribution!
Okay, I confirmed that I have "pakadmin" role currently.

Ranran(retired)

I downloaded a new ja.tab from simutranslator and compared it.

Deletion only occurred in my addition to passenger evaluation.
Other than that it seems that the order is rearranged by the system.

btw, I noticed that
Welcome to Simutrans-Experimental, a game created by Hj. Malthaner and the Simutrans community, and modified by James E. Petts and the Simutrans community
this translation terminology is currently registered in simutranslator, but it does not exist in the code.

Welcome to Simutrans-Extended (formerly Simutrans-Experimental), a fork of Simutrans-Standard, extended and maintained by the Simutrans community.
This is what exists in code, but it is not registered simutranslator.

In this case, the old term seems unnecessary anymore. If just add another term, unnecessary words will continue to remain.
There are already a lot of such words. This requires translators to unnecessary translate.
Is there a way to delete them? Or change to unnecessary_text.

With my patch some translation terms are no longer needed.
Passengers %d %c, %d %c, %d no route
Passengers %d %s, %d %s, %d no route
Passengers %d %c, %d %c, %d no route, %d too slow
Passengers %d %s, %d %s, %d no route, %d too slow
Unhappy
The number of passengers who have left because of overcrowding or excess waiting
No Route

Anyway the term above(welcome thing) can not be translated, so the registration word of the simutranslator needs to be updated.

I marged ja.tab and pushed it to my github branch. (Note that this includes another issue fix. I fixed the problem that tooltip text is not retained when window is inactive.) I think that this corresponds to step (3) that you proposed.
I do not understand the meaning of step (2). I have already submitted .dat for simutranslator concerning these words(about passengers and mail evaluation). Is it different from ".dat file" you said?

EDIT:
Perhaps these words no longer used, but I guess this is just the tip of the iceberg.

!0_STATION_CROWDED
%d buildings\n
Blockstrecke ist\nbelegt\n
suedost
suedwest
Wasser
nordwest
nord
ost
sued
Arbeiter aus:
Power: %4d kW, %d kN\n
Routes will update instantly after any changes to lines/schedules. Can make the game respond slowly on big maps.
Available
New line created!\nYou can assign the line now\nby selecting it from the\nline selector above.
Cannot create generic line!\nSelect line type by\nusing filter tabs.

EDIT2:
I changed some terms to unnecessary_text, but it seems I can not change the term originating from standard.

makie

Quote from: Ranran on February 08, 2019, 12:07:27 PM
Is there a way to delete them? Or change to unnecessary_text.
Create, rename, delete functions are limited to role pakadmins.

Because it does not make sense to keep people from working, I have Ranran declared to pakadmin. I hope you will work carefully.

For Edit or Rename look for:  ✍
For Delete look for: ✗

New one: write a .dat File and import, or look at Manage Objects -> Create Textobject

ps: rename Objects has the advantage, that all translations in all language moved to the new object

Phystam

Maybe "Available" is used in factory or ind city buildings info window, which means "求人" in Japanese.
If you cannot find the translation text, please move it to unnecessary_text ( and I will do, also).
The easiest way to find unused texts is type

$ grep -ilr "translator::translate(text that you want to find)"

on your shell. If there's no hit, it is unused one.

Ranran(retired)

This is just a quick note.

Quote from: Phystam on February 08, 2019, 03:58:39 PMMaybe "Available" is used in factory or ind city buildings info window, which means "求人" in Japanese.
Please be careful that capital letters and lower case letters are distinguished. (´・ω・`)大文字と小文字は区別されることに注意して?
"available" exists but "Available" does not exist. What is present in the dialog you pointed out is "available".

available
求人数
Available
供給率

Quote$ grep -ilr "translator::translate(text that you want to find)"
Umm, I think that is not a good method. (´・ω・`)
Variables may also be passed. For example, can you find Happy or Too slow by that method? They are obviously present at the label of halt_info. Also distinguish between capital letters and small letters is necessary as in the example above.

jamespetts

Thank you for this: my apologies for not having had time to look into this until now. Thank you to Makie for making Ranran an administrator: that is most helpful. I have now incorporated Ranran's updated Japanese translation text with his latest Github commit,

prissi

FarnkP told me, that when the extended texts are exported, also the standard texts are exported. That was the agreement at the time the extended translation was set up. So one has probably to stop this automatic merging and start with clean extended text, where first the standard texts and then the extendedn texts for each language are imported. makie should be able to tell more on it.

makie

Quote from: prissi on February 12, 2019, 01:44:18 PM
FarnkP told me, that when the extended texts are exported, also the standard texts are exported.
I think that makes sense. So translations that affect both programs need to be made only once.

The texts are not merging together, but the base translations are in the xx.tab file before the extended in a block.
#_____________________________Simutrans Base Texts______________________________
#_____________________________Simutrans Base Texts______________________________
after this are the Base
#___________________________Simutrans Extended Texts____________________________
#___________________________Simutrans Extended Texts____________________________
after this the extended text

Maybe i should give a warning if a text occurs in both because they overwrite each other

Maybe we should make Ranran to pakadmin for base too. So he can clean up.

----------------------------------------------------
the helptext signals_overview.txt for english has got some Japanese characters
please correct 

Ranran(retired)

Quote from: makie on February 13, 2019, 10:13:23 AMMaybe we should make Ranran to pakadmin for base too. So he can clean up.
What should I do? (´・ω・`)

Quote from: makie on February 13, 2019, 10:13:23 AMthe helptext signals_overview.txt for english has got some Japanese characters
please correct
This seems to be a bug in the simutranslator's system.
English and Japanese are linked. When I attempted to restore English, then Japanese text changed to the same one as English.
I guess that English help text was replaced when updating Japanese help text before.

makie

May be there is a bug.  :-(

I see, the field for the Japanese text is empty, and the log says the English text has been changed.

I then copied the english text to google translate and then returned the result back to the japanese field.
I have then in the English text and in the Japanese text a few errors improved. It all worked as it should. Nothing has been overwritten.

Can you tell me with way you go, that i can redo it.