News:

Simutrans.com Portal
Our Simutrans site. You can find everything about Simutrans from here.

Pak 128 - Steam Issues

Started by smeethy, January 28, 2019, 08:29:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

smeethy

Hi Team,

Please see the attached screenshot, I am getting a strange error when I load from steam.

This is new to me because it was working well before I went on holiday a couple of weeks ago

Thanks Matt

Ters

Have you tried reinstalling Simutrans? It looks very much like a corrupted file. (That may mean that your hard drive is going bad, so make sure to make back-ups of your local stuff before other files fail.)

smeethy

Hi Ters,
Thank you for your reply, yes I have tried uninstalling it from steam a couple of times. All the files are removed as well I checked after it was uninstalled.
I am not sure what more I can do?

Ters

Something must have changed, either the program loading the file, the files being loaded, or the hardware (although that is likely to affect more than just Simutrans). Do you have any add-ons? These are or can be located separately from the game, at the same place save games are stored. At least that is the case for vanilla Simutrans. I don't know which changes have been done to the Steam version. Or maybe something Simutrans mistakes for an add-on, although it is unlikely that such a file would get all the way to getting recognized as a road sign.

myogi_eki

I was also in that situation, and I noticed that a announcement on steam said that "we do not currently have a 120.4 build for Mac. For prior versions please go into the Beta settings and select the prior version you want."
120.3 worked properly in my Mac.
This will let you play Simutrans, but I'm not sure this is the appropriate way.
I also wonder if this issue will be resolved in the next version, and data saved in 120.4 for windows can be opened in 120.5 for Mac.