News:

SimuTranslator
Make Simutrans speak your language.

Class 350/1 intro date

Started by fam621, January 31, 2019, 08:16:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fam621

Hi James, just so that you are aware the Class 350/1's were introduced to the network in June 2005. In-game, they are introduced in June 06'.

jamespetts

Thank you for letting me know: I have now fixed that and the fixed version should be available for download to-morrow morning.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

fam621

Also something which I never knew about was that the class 350/2 fleet was upgraded to 110mph during 2018 (from the wiki. page for the class 350s). But of course, the class 350 cant have 2 max speeds, so can it be upgraded to 110mph please.

jamespetts

Simply changing the maximum speed would allow these to travel at 110mph from their introduction date, which would not be correct. A variant using the same graphics might be preferable.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

fam621

That is true in many cases, like I would personally duplicate the /2 and make it a /3 if you get what I'm saying and if this was to be done they were introduced in June 2013

NoMorePacers

Quote from: thegamer7893 on February 02, 2019, 08:21:54 PM
That is true in many cases, like I would personally duplicate the /2 and make it a /3 if you get what I'm saying and if this was to be done they were introduced in June 2013
If you wanted to get the 350/2 to be 110mph capable at the correct date, you could make it so there's an upgrade option available from that date.

fam621

True but the issue with that is I dont know how to make upgrades or even new vehicles in many cases.

jamespetts

Quote from: thegamer7893 on February 03, 2019, 10:53:51 AM
True but the issue with that is I dont know how to make upgrades or even new vehicles in many cases.

That is not a reason to have an incorrect introduction date, but rather a reason to learn how to use upgrades.