News:

Simutrans Wiki Manual
The official on-line manual for Simutrans. Read and contribute.

[Pak64 120.3 Mac] Expand World not generating correct climate zones

Started by passengerpigeon, February 03, 2019, 10:41:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

passengerpigeon

When I tried to expand my large map using the expand map feature today, the newly-generated sections of the map had the wrong climate zones:

The old map has a water level of -1 with desert also at -1 (looking like beaches on the shorelines), yet the expanded sections generated desert up to level zero. Is there any way to fix this and get my map to expand with the correct climate altitudes? The map was first generated a couple of versions ago and last expanded in the last version, so perhaps that has something to do with it.

Leartin

I once uploaded an altered menuconfig for pak64 that allows access to the settings normally only available when you start a map: https://forum.simutrans.com/index.php/topic,18624.msg176861.html#msg176861

I assume the original climate settings got replaced. Do you also have problems when raising/lowering landmasses?
You should be able to access the settings with the menuconfig, change the climates in the landscape tab to represent what's on your current map and then expand. Make sure to backup the map before trying!

prissi

There was an error with wrongly calculated climate offsets during map generation in older Simutrans version. If that map was generated with an older version, then the climates would not have started at the heights they were intended to. There is almost nothing one can do there, because the old calculation was just wrong for negative offsets, and thus needed fixing.

Ters

I've never managed to get one of my maps back into shape, even by editing the climate offsets using the dialog I think Leartin is referring to. Maybe I opened it the wrong way, though.

passengerpigeon

Quote from: Leartin on February 04, 2019, 06:32:22 AM
I once uploaded an altered menuconfig for pak64 that allows access to the settings normally only available when you start a map: https://forum.simutrans.com/index.php/topic,18624.msg176861.html#msg176861

Thanks, that worked!

In response to Ters, I got it to work by changing the climate settings, saving the map, quitting and loading the map again and then expanding the world.

Ters