News:

Want to praise Simutrans?
Your feedback is important for us ;D.

Get the number of map save

Started by Diguinho, February 17, 2019, 01:43:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diguinho

I need to know the number of a map I had generated for a new project.

DrSuperGood

I assume you are referring to the RNG seed used to generate the map? I am not sure if that is saved with a map since technically it is only needed during map generation.

ACarlotti

It is also needed when enlarging the map to ensure consistent terrain at the boundary. So I would expect it to be saved.

DrSuperGood

QuoteIt is also needed when enlarging the map to ensure consistent terrain at the boundary. So I would expect it to be saved.
In which one can probably grab it with a debug build of Simutrans by breaking at any time and looking at the value of the variable.

Diguinho

Quote from: DrSuperGood on February 18, 2019, 05:33:09 AM
In which one can probably grab it with a debug build of Simutrans by breaking at any time and looking at the value of the variable.
How can I do this?

DrSuperGood

I will look into this later today. If it cannot be obtained easily already I will see if I can place it in a dialog somewhere.

EDIT:
Starting with R8691 one can view the map seed number in the enlarge map window. This window can be viewed by selecting the public service player, opening the map editor toolbar and then selecting the enlarge map tool.

This feature should be available in the nightly build within 24 hours of this post.

I placed it there since it seems a sensible place for it to go. In the future someone might want to make it editable from that window in case a user wants to mix and match map seed numbers when expanding maps. For now it is read only since for consistent terrain generation results it must not change.

prissi

I think it was also output in the debug messages, or at least it should go there.