News:

Simutrans.com Portal
Our Simutrans site. You can find everything about Simutrans from here.

ERROR:Software crashes(Cc0000005) in pushing the Save Button

Started by THEE, February 19, 2019, 01:14:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

THEE

Thank you for developing and improving such a good game. :)

By the way, software may crash when I click Save button in the "Change Options" window of the game .
(usually, save window is opened but in the error, the window is not opened.)

This phenomenon does not always occur, and I cannot identify the cause.
However, I feel it to tend to occur when I leave a game for a long time without saving it.

It is output in WER file as follows.

---------------------------------------------
Sig[6].Name=Exception cord
Sig[6].Value=c0000005
---------------------------------------------

"c0000005" is occurred in Memory access violation, so I think it causes 
the quantity of data which it is going to store in sequence and so on exceeds the quantity of the assumption.

Because is not a regular error, the bugfix may be difficult....

Thank You.

THEE

I provably solved the problem myself...
(It arises from Japanese own character encoding scheme.)

So, could you close this topics?

Thanks.

jamespetts

Thank you for the report and for the resolution, and apologies for not having replied previously.

Can I clarify the latter post; was the problem with something specific to your system, or with Simutrans-Extended itself?
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

THEE

Quote from: jamespetts on February 21, 2019, 01:06:41 AMCan I clarify the latter post; was the problem with something specific to your system, or with Simutrans-Extended itself?

I think it is the latter.

Japanese character is treated at over 2 bytes with computers and I think that it might be with a problem in for example  acquiring the name of a file or the folder and making some process(calculating the sum of bytes of the name, deviding the name from the number of the bytes etc...).

I noticed there were the save files of Simutrans Standard in which Japanese character is used in the save folder(I mixed Standard and Extended save files in the same folder...) and deleted them. so the error did not come to happen.

In other words this problem is to have possibilities to get up in including Japanese character in the name of a save folder or file.

Thanks.

jamespetts

Is the issue that you have identified specific to Simutrans-Extended, or does it exist in code shared with Simutrans-Standard, do you know?
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

ACarlotti

Furthermore, since this might relate to filesystem- or OS-specific code: What operating system are you running this on?