News:

Simutrans Wiki Manual
The official on-line manual for Simutrans. Read and contribute.

Known bug? Saved game on reload switches to drive by sight from token block

Started by Jando, March 11, 2019, 11:08:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jando

I see a little problem with this saved game (link valid for 60 days): https://simutrans-germany.com/files/upload/Hartcester_Actual.sve

On loading the game one of the two trains on that map, both driving in token block, switches to drive by sight. The second train is not affected and working fine.

How to observe:
1. Load game and hit pause.
2. Examine vehicle #1. It's travelling at 85 km/h, it's detail window says it's running under token block. However the track is not marked as reserved.
3. Unpause. The vehicle will switch to drive by sight and slow down to 35 km/h.

And credit where credit is due, the trains comes from Hartcester St. James. Thanks for your work on this, St. James!

jamespetts

Thank you for the report. I believe that I have now fixed this. I should be grateful if you could re-test with the next nightly build.

The fix involves disabling code that (unnecessarily) recalculated the block reservation on re-loading.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Jando

Quote from: jamespetts on March 16, 2019, 11:01:23 PMI should be grateful if you could re-test with the next nightly build.

Fixed for me as well, thank you, James!