News:

Want to praise Simutrans?
Your feedback is important for us ;D.

Issues with rendering from Blender

Started by NoMorePacers, March 23, 2019, 07:15:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NoMorePacers

I have recently tried to make a Connex livery for the Class 465 (This is related to a map I'm currently building). I have managed to do the driving car in Blender, however when I tr to render the views, it shows the train as a black mass. I have followed the steps in the tutorial provided on the forum, so I am not sure what I have done incorrectly. If anyone can help that would be much appreciated.

The attempted render .png files are here.

The blend file is here.

fam621

Noice so I can also use this in future 1990s-2004 maps then. xD

NoMorePacers

Quote from: thegamer7893 on March 23, 2019, 08:49:06 PM
Noice so I can also use this in future 1990s-2004 maps then. xD
Provided I can actually get it to work, that is.

jamespetts

Those appear to be the masks for the other workflow for a different pakset. You need to "render views", not "make masks".
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

NoMorePacers

Quote from: jamespetts on March 23, 2019, 11:58:15 PM
Those appear to be the masks for the other workflow for a different pakset. You need to "render views", not "make masks".
I have pressed "render views" but I still get the exact same images generated.

Spenk009

You only have the first layer enabled for the render. Shift click on the other two(?) layers and the vehicle will look right. You can also press F12 on the keyboard to preview your work, if only from one angle.

NoMorePacers

Quote from: Spenk009 on March 24, 2019, 09:02:40 AM
You only have the first layer enabled for the render. Shift click on the other two(?) layers and the vehicle will look right. You can also press F12 on the keyboard to preview your work, if only from one angle.
This has worked - thank you!