The International Simutrans Forum

Author Topic: Factories are not or at least rarely consuming goods.  (Read 402 times)

Offline Spenk009

Factories are not or at least rarely consuming goods.
« on: March 24, 2019, 09:31:55 AM »
I've encountered an issue where factories are not or at least rarely consuming goods. Most industries will stockpile as previously found, but most don't consume/convert any goods. A strong offender is the power station at (690,1516), which consumes goods, but provides no electricity output. Then we have a builder's yard at (362,1366), which has consumed resources (planks), but at a pace far slower than labelled.

http://gofile.me/28Rsd/4ZAWyz8tq

I'm hesitant to submit reports as I'm on wine64 and it's a slightly older savegame (120.4). I have used the settings window (i) to change savegame version to 120.7, but this seems to have little effect. It could also be something fixed in the mean time, that simply hasn't applied itself to this savegame.

Offline jamespetts gb

• Simutrans-Extended project coordinator
  • Cake baker
    • Bridgewater-Brunel
  • Languages: EN
Re: Factories are not or at least rarely consuming goods.
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2019, 10:35:51 PM »
You refer to versions 120.4 and 120.7 - these are Standard version numbers. The current version of Extended is 120.2.1 Ex 14.4. Is this report in the wrong section, or is there an error with the version numbers?

Offline ACarlotti

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2019, 03:08:36 AM »
I have used the settings window (i) to change savegame version to 120.7, but this seems to have little effect.

Simutrans Extended uses a mixture or Extended and Standard version numbers. In theory the Standard version number should reflect the state of the savegame version from Standard, but in practice there have been occasions when the Standard save version number was incremented without porting the relevant change to the save configuration. At the moment I don't think changes have been systematically ported as far as 120.7, so allowing this as a save version might be deceptive (in that the code to correctly write in this format hasn't been written yet).

I think it might be better to have a list of tuples of valid save states, since I suspect the current dialogue is overly permissive.

The default save version should be the most up-to-date version that your version of the game accurately supports, so if you're using the latest version of the code (i.e. a current nightly build) then the default save version is correct. And if you aren't using the latest nightly, then you should test with that to see if the bug you describe still exists (if it doesn't, then there's nothing to report; if it does, then it helps us to know that we ought to be able to reproduce it ourselves).

Offline Spenk009

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2019, 06:16:19 PM »
I have attempted to convert the savegame to 120.2.1. I then encountered an error describing that the game can't load an invalid vehicle type FFFFFF83.  I have saved the game as 120.1.2, which causes the error attached. I can update from 120.4 to 120.7, but it seems conversion to Extended is not possible.

I think I've "lost" this save. It is a minor inconvenience entirely of my own making, so I don't expect any solution to this issue. I suggest the topic be removed or marked as solved.

Offline jamespetts gb

• Simutrans-Extended project coordinator
  • Cake baker
    • Bridgewater-Brunel
  • Languages: EN
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2019, 08:48:36 PM »
I am very confused. To what actual version of Extended does this report refer?

If not the latest version, any bug reported may well have been fixed long ago.

Offline Spenk009

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2019, 09:00:03 AM »
The actual version of Extended has been kept up to date with nightlies. But I just found an old backup (an original savegame, saved just after the map's creation) that shows the savegame was created under 120.4, which is a Standard savegame number. I have probably twiddled the savegame version by accident and never noticed any issue until I decided to branch into the transport of goods. I think this is therefore a fluke that is unlikely to be encountered by anyone else and can be left as is.