News:

Simutrans Forum Archive
A complete record of the old Simutrans Forum.

When I expand a map, the game crashes

Started by fam621, April 05, 2019, 04:16:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fam621

Hi, when I go to enlarge a map (in other words expand a map), the game crashes.

Link to map: https://drive.google.com/open?id=19hVZUHkq8EIkErMH2eg2NS3Qc4qggUmD

jamespetts

Thank you for this report. This is actually especially helpful, as this is a very reliable means of reproducing an occasional crash which I have seen for some years but have never been able to fix. As a result of being able to reproduce this reliably, I believe that I have now fixed this, which fix should be in the next nightly build.

Thank you again for this.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

fam621

jamespetts

I am no longer able to reproduce this. Can I check that you have downloaded the latest nightly build (I have just fixed another bug, so I recommend re-downloading again if you have not downloaded in the last half hour)? If so, can you confirm the revision number that you are using and give me the exact parameters for map enlargement that will reliably create a crash on the saved game uploaded above?

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

fam621

Quote from: jamespetts on April 06, 2019, 12:03:56 PM
I am no longer able to reproduce this. Can I check that you have downloaded the latest nightly build (I have just fixed another bug, so I recommend re-downloading again if you have not downloaded in the last half hour)? If so, can you confirm the revision number that you are using and give me the exact parameters for map enlargement that will reliably create a crash on the saved game uploaded above?

I can now confirm that this is no longer the case and map expansion does not crash my game. :)

jamespetts

I should be grateful if you could always check that you have the latest nightly build before reporting that a recent bug fix has not worked, as you will not have the fixed version unless you have downloaded the latest nightly build.

fam621

Quote from: jamespetts on April 06, 2019, 12:34:07 PM
I should be grateful if you could always check that you have the latest nightly build before reporting that a recent bug fix has not worked, as you will not have the fixed version unless you have downloaded the latest nightly build.

Well the issue was sorted until I tried to expand the maps width to 700/750 and then the issue relapsed itself. However, I've got the games revision number for you to check if I've got the actual fixed version. Revision number: #59b28c2

jamespetts

My apologies: this had not been fixed completely. This should now be fixed in the next nightly build.

fam621

Quote from: jamespetts on April 06, 2019, 10:18:37 PM
My apologies: this had not been fixed completely. This should now be fixed in the next nightly build.

Apology accepted!

fam621

Admittedly, although I've got the nightly build for when the map expansion bug was sorted. I think that on this specific map, its common for it to crash if you want to widen the map. So, when I expand the maps width to 1000 or more, the game crashes. Below is a link to the map in which the bug exists on.

Map link: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1QQV78x_giaZR79Uo21juX4I2yJY23ZLt

jamespetts

Quote from: thegamer7893 on April 12, 2019, 10:59:14 AM
Admittedly, although I've got the nightly build for when the map expansion bug was sorted. I think that on this specific map, its common for it to crash if you want to widen the map. So, when I expand the maps width to 1000 or more, the game crashes. Below is a link to the map in which the bug exists on.

Map link: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1QQV78x_giaZR79Uo21juX4I2yJY23ZLt

This is ambiguous: do you mean that you can reliably reproduce, with the nightly build dated the 7th of April 2019 or later, a crash when expanding the specific map to which you link in the post that I quote above?

fam621

Quote from: jamespetts on April 12, 2019, 11:06:18 AM
This is ambiguous: do you mean that you can reliably reproduce, with the nightly build dated the 7th of April 2019 or later, a crash when expanding the specific map to which you link in the post that I quote above?

Yes, the crash occurs each time I want to expand the map.

jamespetts

Thank you for the report - I believe that I have now fixed this. I should be grateful if you could re-test with to-morrow's nightly build.