News:

Simutrans Sites
Know our official sites. Find tools and resources for Simutrans.

Where to find latest stable build?

Started by 1993matias, April 07, 2019, 07:53:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1993matias

Is it possible I have missed something? I can only find links to the latest nightly build, when in fact I want to play with the latest stable build. I recall finding it a short while back, but now I can't find it.

ACarlotti

Unfortunately there hasn't been a designated stable build for several years. It would be nice to change this, but I don't think it's currently high on anyone's list of priorities.

jamespetts

There is no separate stable and nightly build: there are only nightly builds. There are not currently enough development resources to allow for this sort of sophisticated build system: this would realistically need for there to be three or four core developers who take responsibility for co-ordinating releases and fixing bugs. At present, only I do this work, and, while that remains the case, it is unlikely that there will be the resources for separate stable and nightly builds.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Ves

The nightly builds are indeed pretty stable, so you should not worry about that. If you would encounter bug then James is usually pretty fast to come around and fix them within a day or two at best. There are no halfly developed features at the moment that breaks the game, those usually tends to get its own branch as a sort of "beta" until they are incorporated into the main game and then some collective bug hunting and fixing might occur.

1993matias

Right, thanks for the help :) I appreciate your work here, James!