News:

Simutrans Tools
Know our tools that can help you to create add-ons, install and customize Simutrans.

[BUG] Token block reservation not cleared in some cases

Started by Mariculous, January 18, 2020, 05:44:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mariculous

Let's start Bug Saturday with the token_block working method!

What happened?
When the exit of a token block is an automatically-unreserving-block-based signal at, or immediately behind a platform, the token_block reservation won't be cleared.

How to reproduce?
1. Load the reproduction save, I have already set up both cases using absolute block there, but it works exactly the same with at least tcb.
2. Wait...

Obervations: (applies exactly the same to both layouts)
- The train will enter token_block mode at the token_block signal.
- The train will continue to the dead-end, reverse and continue to the first platform in the loop, where it will stop.
- On departure, it will correctly switch to absolute_block working method, but absolte_blocks reservation will remain, being of absolute_block type now.
- The train will continue to the next absolute_block signal, where it will clear the remaining reservation.

jamespetts

Thank you for the report - I believe that I have fixed this. I should be grateful if you could re-test in the next nightly build.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Mariculous

semi-confirmed (if that word exists)
Especially with schedules in mind I would expect the reservation to clear on full arrival, but switching to absolute_block on departure.

In any event, thank you very much for all these fixes! I guess this saturday there will be more signal bugs fixed than in the whole last year, you fix them even faster than my little bug factory can produce reproduction cases :D

jamespetts

Quote from: Freahk on January 18, 2020, 09:23:23 PM
semi-confirmed (if that word exists)
Especially with schedules in mind I would expect the reservation to clear on full arrival, but switching to absolute_block on departure.

In any event, thank you very much for all these fixes! I guess this saturday there will be more signal bugs fixed than in the whole last year.

I am not sure that I entirely understand - can you elaborate?
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Mariculous

Nvm, that's just the way token block works.
Clear as soon as passing the next singlal, otherwise it is not safe to enter that section.
Leaving a token block by entering another token block behaves different in this context, but it's absolute block that is wrong, not token block, so this is fixed.