News:

Do you need help?
Simutrans Wiki Manual can help you to play and extend Simutrans. In 9 languages.

Memory leak of the depot dialog

Started by Ranran(retired), April 11, 2019, 02:31:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ranran(retired)

That duplicate drawing code may actually have been more deeply rooted. I wondered why clicking on a gray or red bar panel would affect the transparency. ???
Because they are vehicles that can not be selected, no action should be taken when clicking it.
Despite that, each click on it will increase memory usage. In addition, closing the depot dialog does not reduce the increased memory usage.
For example, the memory usage, which was originally 1131 KB, became 1149 KB when the game paused and just clicked on the red bar vehicle panel continuously in the depot dialog.
In-game time is not moving and I have not bought any vehicles but just clicking, so there should be no change in the game world.
This memory consumption could not be corrected by fixing the duplicate vehicle panel drawing.
If you want to check this symptom, set allow_buying_obsolete_vehicles = 1 or use timeline off, and it will be clearer if you show all vehicles and show many vehicles in the depot. I recommend the electrified railway depot with timeline off for checking this.
The memory usage will increase even if you repeat the show all on and off in the same way as the duplicate image display testing.
This memory leak can not be confirmed in standard.
ひめしという日本人が開発者達の助言を無視して自分好みの機能をextendedに"強引に"実装し、
コードをぐちゃぐちゃにしてメンテナンスを困難にし(とりわけ道路と建物関連)、
挙句にバグを大量に埋め込み、それを知らんぷりして放置し(隠居するなどと言って)別のところに逃げ隠れて自分のフォーク(OTRP)は開発を続けている
その事実と彼の無責任さに日本人プレイヤーは目を向けるべき。らんらんはそれでやる気をなくした(´・ω・`)
他人の振り見て我が振り直せ。ひめしのようにならないために、らんらんが生み出したバグや問題は自分で修正しなくちゃね(´・ω・`)

jamespetts

Thank you for your report; I believe that I have managed to fix this. I should be grateful if you could re-test with the next nightly build.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

jamespetts

Can anyone confirm whether this can still be reproduced after the fix that I applied in December?
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Mariculous

At least I could not reproduce it anymore