News:

Want to praise Simutrans?
Your feedback is important for us ;D.

How to get Simutrans-Experimental [Deprecated]

Started by jamespetts, April 12, 2009, 03:33:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milko

Hi

To get a working version but the lightest possible "simutrans-experimental" I downloaded and installed in the same folder:
Simutrans experimental (main executable binaries)
Simutrans experimental config files
A "pak" compatible

I tried the game and missed the music, then I copied from the "simutrans-standard music folder. And everything seems to work perfectly. But I fear that the game seems to work well but in reality there is something missing which I have not yet noticed. Can anyone tell me if the packages that I copied / installed are valid as working installation of the game or something missing?

Giuseppe

Junna

Those upload sites are really terrible (current ones for 9.0). Something that doesn't fail all the time and make you wait an hour after the download fails to start to try again would be nice? Even mediafire is better.

jamespetts

Junna - thanks to a suggestion from Inkelyad, I have now updated all the links to refer to downloads available directly from Github, which should work much better. I didn't know what best to do after files.[ simutrans [dot] us (site down, do not visit) ] went down a few months ago.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Junna

Also NOD32 antivirus software displays the new Simutrans-Experimental.exe as a suspected worm infection.

jamespetts

I've never heard of NOD32 - presumably, the "diagnosis" is based on heuristic analysis, but I'm not sure why it would come up with calling Simutrans-Experimental a worm! Does it say the same about Simutrans-Standard?

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Junna

Quote from: jamespetts on December 19, 2010, 02:17:16 PM
I've never heard of NOD32 - presumably, the "diagnosis" is based on heuristic analysis, but I'm not sure why it would come up with calling Simutrans-Experimental a worm! Does it say the same about Simutrans-Standard?

It is based on heuristic analysis. It does not say it about Standard, nor does it say it about earlier versions of experimental.

jamespetts

Colin

Quote from: jamespetts on December 19, 2010, 02:17:16 PM

More of a BUG than a worm.
I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it

Thought for the day

When you are up to your backside in alligators, it is difficult to remind yourself that your initial objective was to drain the swamp.

TygerFish

James: missing [/url] tag in the top post's link to the 32-bit Linux version!

jamespetts

waerth

Milko

Hello

Simutrans 102.3, standard or experimental? And do you want binaries or source code?

I try to answer anyway ...
Simutrans standard (stable) 102.2.2 - http://forum.simutrans.com/index.php?topic=4642.0
Simutrans standard (102.3 - "nightly" daily update) - http://nightly.simutrans-germany.com/
Simutrans standard code (102.2.2 and 102.3 daily patch) - https://github.com/aburch/simutrans

Simutrans Experimental binaries (102.3 - 9.0) - http://forum.simutrans.com/index.php?topic=6429.0
Simutrans Experimental code (102.3 daily patch and version 9.0) - https://github.com/jamespetts

Simutrans experimental does not have nightlies.

Giuseppe

TheUniqueTiger

I can't seem to download the new config files package... Does anyone else also have the same problem? It comes up with an XML file with Access Denied message.

jamespetts

Odd - I'm not sure why that's not working. Try here instead.

Milko

Hello

I'm unable to download the new MakeObj-Exp, I obtain a strange error...

Giuseppe

jamespetts

Hmm, that's very odd. Try this alternative link.

Milko

Hi

Thanks, the new link is ok.

Giuseppe

steffen

The link for the 9.5 complete package gives a very strange access denied error from github :(

jamespetts

Rats - sorry about that. I shall have to fix that when I get a chance. Thank you for spotting that issue.

deMangler

Hi,

Is there anywhere I can download a linux binary of simutrans experimental that will run as a server without the graphics.
I am running a server on a vps but I would really like to be able to reduce the overhead by just going cli. At the moment I need to run it in a vnc session which is not good.
Thanks in advance,

dM

jamespetts

deMangler,

thank you for your query. Unfortunately, the person who runs the automated nightly builds has not set them up to produce the no graphics server version. However, you can compile it from source on Linux - just pull from the master branch on my Github repository and compile using the simgraph0.cc (have a look at the makefile to see what options to select). Some information on compiling, although some of it is specific to Windows, can be found in this thread, which covers certain dependencies and libraries that you will need to compile Simutrans-Experimental.

Please note that, with the current version of Simutrans-Experimental (9.5), you will not be able to join a game hosted on a Linux server from a Windows client or vice versa (or, indeed, any combination of client/server compiled in different architectures). This is a known bug and work is underway to fix it for the next release, 9.6.

Thank you for your interest in running a Simutrans-Experimental server!

deMangler

Thanks for the swift reply - I will work on getting server up and running.

The more the merrier!   :)

dM

ӔO

can someone verify if the windows binary version for 9.6 link is working?
I seem to get an error.
"This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below."
<Error><Code>AccessDenied</Code><Message>Access Denied</Message><RequestId>3775EBF36EADA26C</RequestId><HostId>JEvU27JMk51JBEUJcZXuUiJd8ihPM22kR3QKuBdq+JaDkrQiB6ndnkqWVPXfoWYk</HostId></Error>

The configuration files and complete package links worked.
My Sketchup open project sources
various projects rolled up: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/17111233/Roll_up.rar

Colour safe chart:

jamespetts

Hmm - Git does that sometimes. It has worked earlier, as I tested it initially. Here is an alternative download link.

rsdworker

there was problem with binraies link in http://forum.simutrans.com/index.php?topic=7377.0
- <Error><Code>AccessDenied</Code><Message>Access Denied</Message><RequestId>26AE4094FDD4716C</RequestId><HostId>l55ctMV311c9YXkVYejua1Ps1w/Khuegb41ZMy8rZr4bIlRxc8/8BZ4GNiwGTqh8</HostId></Error>

EDIT: never mind - i realised there someone reported it already

jamespetts

I have now pointed the main link on the latest version announcement to the correct binaries - apologies for the difficulties.

Milko

Hello

The link to download Makeobj-Exp for windows is broken.

Giuseppe

jamespetts

Thank you for letting me know! I think that I have fixed it - let me know whether it works for you.

jap00

pak128 pak128 Britain

jamespetts

Hmm - I'm not sure, I'm afraid, as I don' have experience with Macs. Does anyone here know enough about them to know how to install on that platform?

jap00

pak128 pak128 Britain

MCollett

Quote from: jap00 on February 16, 2013, 09:22:51 PM
how do i install the mac version

There isn't a ready-to-use package for the Mac, but I think all the ingredients are linked to in James's standing instructions.  Get a copy of the config files, and add into that folder a copy of the Mac binary and your pakset of choice (e.g. Pak128.Britain-Ex or pak.64-exp).  Double-clicking on the binary should then start up OK.

Best wishes,
Matthew

AvG

Hi James,
After 2 years abcense I am back again.
However, I have a problem.
I am running Win 8 with Virus-scanner ESET NOD32 Antivirus 6

Using the here-link for the last complete package, I get a quick download of the package. At the end it stops however, due to the virus-scanner[size=78%].[/size]

The log shows this: (presuming your Dutch is a bit rusty, I will give an English translation between ())

Opstartsector van schijf C: - fout tijdens openen (Startsector disc C: error while opening)
C:\hiberfil.sys - fout tijdens openen (error while opening)
C:\pagefile.sys - fout tijdens openen
C:\swapfile.sys - fout tijdens openen
C:\$Recycle.Bin\S-1-5-21-1355222746-2715661106-2070710126-1001\$IJBEUG2.zip = ZIP =  - archief beschadigd ( damaged archive)
C:\$Recycle.Bin\S-1-5-21-1355222746-2715661106-2070710126-1001\$R8UXCET.crdownload = ZIP = Simutrans-Experimental.exe - waarschijnlijk onbekend NewHeur_PE virus (probably unknown NewHeur_PE virus)
C:\$Recycle.Bin\S-1-5-21-1355222746-2715661106-2070710126-1001\$R8UXCET.crdownload = ZIP = Simutrans-Experimental-command-line-server.exe - waarschijnlijk onbekend NewHeur_PE virus
C:\$Recycle.Bin\S-1-5-21-1355222746-2715661106-2070710126-1001\$R8UXCET.crdownload = ZIP = Simutrans-Experimental-ipv4.exe - waarschijnlijk onbekend NewHeur_PE virus
C:\$Recycle.Bin\S-1-5-21-1355222746-2715661106-2070710126-1001\$RKNNDZC.crdownload = ZIP = Simutrans-Experimental.exe - waarschijnlijk onbekend NewHeur_PE virus
C:\$Recycle.Bin\S-1-5-21-1355222746-2715661106-2070710126-1001\$RKNNDZC.crdownload = ZIP = Simutrans-Experimental-command-line-server.exe - waarschijnlijk onbekend NewHeur_PE virus
C:\$Recycle.Bin\S-1-5-21-1355222746-2715661106-2070710126-1001\$RKNNDZC.crdownload = ZIP = Simutrans-Experimental-ipv4.exe - waarschijnlijk onbekend NewHeur_PE virus
C:\$Recycle.Bin\S-1-5-21-1355222746-2715661106-2070710126-1001\$R8UXCET.crdownload - fout tijdens openen
C:\$Recycle.Bin\S-1-5-21-1355222746-2715661106-2070710126-1001\$RKNNDZC.crdownload - fout tijdens openen

I gave it another chance on my second PC with Windows XP. Same result.

ESET NOD32 is one of the best tested anti-virus scanners.

Any ideas???

Ad van Gerwen

prissi

But this is the heuristics. Sound very much like a wrong alert.