News:

Simutrans Sites
Know our official sites. Find tools and resources for Simutrans.

[BUG] Underground trains can interfere with runway reservations

Started by DrSuperGood, May 21, 2019, 09:46:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DrSuperGood

Something is VERY WRONG with aircraft reservations...

After removing an aircraft blocking the runway a subway engine over 600 km away has just reserved a runway for... Take-off?!

Yes that is right a underground train has apparently reserved this runway... It was even in drive by sight earlier.

Maybe this is under the runway? Not sure.

jamespetts

Thank you for the report. I have split this from the other topic as this appears to be a completely separate issue. Is there any way of producing a reliable reproduction case for this?
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

DrSuperGood

Quote from: jamespetts on May 21, 2019, 09:50:31 PMIs there any way of producing a reliable reproduction case for this?
I just ran into it. It appears related to the airplanes choosing the wrong runway. In general airplane runway reservation logic is very buggy. For example extending runways often results in permanent reservations.

I must have replied to the wrong report lol.

ACarlotti

One possible cause for this would be if the train were built after the plane was deleted. If this were the case, then the train could have reused the planes convoy id, and so the convoy id associated with the runway reservation would now point to the train instead.

jamespetts

I am not going to be able to fix this without a reliable reproduction case, I am afraid.

Dr. Supergood - you refer to other problems with runway reservation. I will need a detailed description of each (one thread per bug) with a reliable reproduction case each to begin to look into these issues.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

ACarlotti

I just checked a recent save (Oct 1959), and in that save convoy 2301 was a 'Boeing 707-120 (high density)', serving a route between Cagbury International and Bay Airport. The image DrSuperGood posted showed that convoy 2301 was at that time and underground train. So the underground train is irrelevant to the issue - the actual bug is probably that the runway reservations weren't cleared when the plane was deleted.

jamespetts

Quote from: ACarlotti on May 22, 2019, 12:28:55 AM
I just checked a recent save (Oct 1959), and in that save convoy 2301 was a 'Boeing 707-120 (high density)', serving a route between Cagbury International and Bay Airport. The image DrSuperGood posted showed that convoy 2301 was at that time and underground train. So the underground train is irrelevant to the issue - the actual bug is probably that the runway reservations weren't cleared when the plane was deleted.

Thank you for that; that is helpful.

Is anyone able to produce a reliable reproduction case of runway reservations not being cleared when aircraft are deleted?

Mariculous

No, at least not yet.

However, I recently had an airport that deadlocked daily due to an uncleared reservation at the runway.
I will attach a save as soon as I can reproduce it but so far it may be informative to you that the reported bug is not neccessarily related to underground trains nor to deleted planes.

jamespetts