News:

Simutrans Wiki Manual
The official on-line manual for Simutrans. Read and contribute.

Understanding factory goods consumption/production

Started by R1dO, May 30, 2019, 10:01:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DrSuperGood

QuoteMaybe, but it's "JIT2", not "Play the game as DrSuperGood deems best".
It is kind of what I deemed best seeing how I coded it... At the time there was little planning for the feature outside of pipe dreams and theories that no one could agree upon.

Of course you are free to suggest patches to add new behaviour or change existing behaviour with it and there is a fair chance that they will be accepted as long as they do not undermine the core intent of JIT2.

Leartin

Quote from: DrSuperGood on June 16, 2019, 07:48:01 AM
It is kind of what I deemed best seeing how I coded it... At the time there was little planning for the feature outside of pipe dreams and theories that no one could agree upon.
Okay. I mean, it doesn't matter how well I argue then, because whether it's good for the game or not has no meaning then. Oh well. Make sure to remind me never to call it JIT2 again, it's the DrSuperGood-Button.

Quote from: DrSuperGood on June 16, 2019, 07:48:01 AMOf course you are free to suggest patches to add new behaviour or change existing behaviour with it and there is a fair chance that they will be accepted as long as they do not undermine the core intent of JIT2.
I can suggest, but I can't patch. I can pixel, not program. Unless you can do both, I don't think it's fair to ask me that.
But if I could, I wouldn't change your DrSuperGood-Button. Why would I? There are so many things that are more important to me, and if I have to add a setting for one of them - well, since I program it, you are okay with it overriding your Button even if that's not what it's labelled as, right? 0:)

Ters

Quote from: Leartin on June 16, 2019, 02:43:42 PMOh well. Make sure to remind me never to call it JIT2 again, it's the DrSuperGood-Button.
We'd have to do the same for everything in Simutrans, then. Pretty much everything is after all made by a developer according to his own desire. (An exception would be the old "OpenGL backend" which I made just to see how it would work, but not with the intention that anyone would use it.)

prissi

Please be kind. Many other things would need a prissi style button then.

Not sure where we derailed, but personally I think that end consumer should consume regardless if there is a delivery or not. The reason is that also passengers arrival rates and power may fluctuate and thus next month may have lower demand than current and thus not as much is consumed as it would without. Also it feels more natural to me.

Nevertheless, that is not a major issue, that is worth calling names.