News:

Simutrans Forum Archive
A complete record of the old Simutrans Forum.

Beam bridge icon and reassign signals bug

Started by fam621, June 05, 2019, 06:18:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fam621

Quote from: jamespetts on June 04, 2019, 09:21:45 PM
Splendid, thank you very much for that. I have now incorporated this.

May I check whether you have uploaded the translation base texts to Simutranslator? I cannot recall whether you have access to that; I know that Ranran was granted access a while back.

With this feature added to the game came the removal of the transfer signal button which has now became the pic for the beam bridge. Picture below.

Edit: Change of topic name

jamespetts

I have moved this to its own topic in the Simutrans-Extended development subforum because bug reports should always be in their own topic in the Simutrans-Extended development subforum.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

jamespetts

I have now fixed this: the issue was the definition of the toolbars in the pakset, not relating at all to the signal window information patch.

Until the next nightly build, you can still reassign signals using the shortcut key, which is the backslash (\).

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

fam621

Quote from: jamespetts on June 05, 2019, 08:17:39 PM
I have now fixed this: the issue was the definition of the toolbars in the pakset, not relating at all to the signal window information patch.

Until the next nightly build, you can still reassign signals using the shortcut key, which is the backslash (\).

Unfortunately, this has make the problem worse as blackslash (\) also now also the shortcut key for the beam bridge and also the beam bridge icon has not been replaced and still has the reassign signals icon and you cant now reassign signals at all.

Gamesave: https://simutrans-germany.com/files/upload/Greater_Stepford_and_Surroundings_[WIP].sve

ACarlotti

I cannot reproduce this issue with the latest nightly pakset and build. The shortcut key correctly selects the 'reassign signal' tool, which is also visible in the special construction tools toolbar.

Can you confirm that you are using both the latest nightly pakset and the latest nightly build?

Matthew

The bug is fixed in the latest nightly for me as well.
(Signature being tested) If you enjoy playing Simutrans, then you might also enjoy watching Japan Railway Journal
Available in English and simplified Chinese
如果您喜欢玩Simutrans的话,那么说不定就想看《日本铁路之旅》(英语也有简体中文字幕)。

DrSuperGood

I am confused as to what is being discussed here. I do not seen any icon for a feature called "reassign signals" in pak128 Britain.

ACarlotti

Quote from: DrSuperGood on June 06, 2019, 11:56:27 PM
I am confused as to what is being discussed here. I do not seen any icon for a feature called "reassign signals" in pak128 Britain.

It is a tool that reassigns signals to a different signal box. As far as I'm aware, it appears in (and only in) the 'special construction tools' menu, and it has the icon indicated by the arrow in the image in thegamer7893's first post (though in that image the icon is somehow appearing in 'Railway tools'). The tool can also be accessed using the keyboard shortcut '\'.

fam621

Quote from: ACarlotti on June 07, 2019, 01:03:02 AM
It is a tool that reassigns signals to a different signal box. As far as I'm aware, it appears in (and only in) the 'special construction tools' menu, and it has the icon indicated by the arrow in the image in thegamer7893's first post (though in that image the icon is somehow appearing in 'Railway tools'). The tool can also be accessed using the keyboard shortcut '\'.

I can confirm through testing with the latest nightly version that the \ key does not give you access to the reassign signals tool and instead gives you access to the beam bridge.

ACarlotti

I have no idea how that behaviour could arise from any combination of versions that I know of.

Can you find the directory that your pakset is loaded from, and upload the file "config/menuconf.tab" within it? That might reveal some anomalies.

Also, try looking for such files elsewhere (actually, it might be helpful if you can list every place where you can find a menuconf.tab). In particular, if any of these files have a line containing "general_tool[15]", followed later by "\", then that may well explain where the behaviour you're observing is coming from.

fam621

Quote from: ACarlotti on June 07, 2019, 03:57:11 PM
I have no idea how that behaviour could arise from any combination of versions that I know of.

Can you find the directory that your pakset is loaded from, and upload the file "config/menuconf.tab" within it? That might reveal some anomalies.

Also, try looking for such files elsewhere (actually, it might be helpful if you can list every place where you can find a menuconf.tab). In particular, if any of these files have a line containing "general_tool[15]", followed later by "\", then that may well explain where the behaviour you're observing is coming from.

The general_tool[15] does not have the '\' key next to it and instead it is next to general_tool[129]

ACarlotti

Quote from: thegamer7893 on June 07, 2019, 05:38:38 PMThe general_tool[15] does not have the '\' key next to it and instead it is next to general_tool[129]

That is the correct configuration then. The behaviour you are describing is inconsistent with that configuration, which is why I'm wondering whether you have another configuration file somewhere which is overwriting some of the settings from the correct one.

I would also consider the possibility of mixed-up keyboard configuration outside Simutrans, but that seems unlikely given that in the correct configuration there are (as far as I can tell) no keys assign to the build bridge tool.

EDIT: Can you also upload a screenshot of the special construction tools and railway toolbars, so that we're clear what the situation is with those?

fam621

Quote from: ACarlotti on June 07, 2019, 07:59:19 PM
That is the correct configuration then. The behaviour you are describing is inconsistent with that configuration, which is why I'm wondering whether you have another configuration file somewhere which is overwriting some of the settings from the correct one.

I would also consider the possibility of mixed-up keyboard configuration outside Simutrans, but that seems unlikely given that in the correct configuration there are (as far as I can tell) no keys assign to the build bridge tool.

EDIT: Can you also upload a screenshot of the special construction tools and railway toolbars, so that we're clear what the situation is with those?

ACarlotti

Ah. I have no idea how that could possibly be happening.

What happens if you start a new game in 1880 (just before the beam bridge is introduced)? What about in 1882?

jamespetts

The symptoms reported are not consistent with this being a problem with the pakset; they are consistent with this being an idiosyncratic problem caused by a pakset installation issue. Because such faults are specific to the individual's computer, the easiest way to resolve them is to perform a clean re-installation of the pakset.

fam621

I can now confirm that the latest nightly build (todays one) has now corrected the beam bridge icon as well as the bug where it was also weirdly accessible through the '\' key and also the reassign signals button has also been fixed.

jamespetts

Quote from: thegamer7893 on June 08, 2019, 11:22:52 AM
I can now confirm that the latest nightly build (todays one) has now corrected the beam bridge icon as well as the bug where it was also weirdly accessible through the '\' key and also the reassign signals button has also been fixed.

There has been no change at all to the pakset in the most recent nightly build compared to the build that was the latest build when you last reported the problem; I presume that what worked was a clean re-install as advised?

fam621

Quote from: jamespetts on June 08, 2019, 11:49:09 AM
There has been no change at all to the pakset in the most recent nightly build compared to the build that was the latest build when you last reported the problem; I presume that what worked was a clean re-install as advised?

Yes, that was indeed the case.

fam621

Quote from: thegamer7893 on June 07, 2019, 10:17:29 PM

This was what has been causing this now solved issue when I carry out this action (link: https://forum.simutrans.com/index.php/topic,16825.msg160220.html#msg160220). The reason why I of course carry out this action is because I want to be able to use the overground stations underground instead of using the tube stations which then causes for a (in real life) high steep between the train and the platform.

Link to what caused this issue: https://forum.simutrans.com/index.php/topic,6482.msg154666.html#msg154666