News:

Simutrans Sites
Know our official sites. Find tools and resources for Simutrans.

[New release] Simutrans-Experimental 2.2

Started by jamespetts, April 13, 2009, 09:51:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jamespetts

Following some further bug reports, I have released a new version of Simutrans-Experimental: the instructions for how to download it are here.

Changes

• FIX: Memory leak in new routing algorithm
  • FIX: Crash when starting with show_month = 3 in simuconf.tab
  • FIX: Incorrect display of the date and time in the main game window
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

z9999

Thank you.
Unfortunately, this version has a problem.
Save a game and load it, always crashes. This problem didn't happen in 2.1.

knightly

James, there is a small problem with UI. When you show the charts of a vehicle and hide the charts again using the Chart button, UI elements and texts are misaligned/misplaced. Pls see attached image.

Edit 1 :

Not sure if it is related exclusively to ST EXP, but goods AI may fail to link railway with rail stations properly. Pls see the 2nd attached image. The result is, the persistent goods AI will build freight stops and roads adjacent and parallel to the useless railway, causing duplicated investments.

z9999

I only made a oil line on startup small map of pak64, and start a vehicle.
It destroyed screen and crashed.

jamespetts

Z9999,

I am not sure what is causing your particular crash, but quite a number of bugs have been fixed in version 2.3 - I suggest that you download that and try it to see whether you get any further crashes.

Knightly,

thank you for the feedback :-) I am aware of that issue - I am not sure exactly what causes it: it comes from Isidoro's code for replacing vehicles. It is not fixed in the latest release (it is not presently a high priority), but I will bear it in mind for future fixes. As to the AI railways - I am not sure what is causing that: it may well be a problem in Simutrans-Standard, too. I have not been able to reproduce that, either - all of the AI networks now link correctly (and I have corrected the issue with AI players building roads for which their vehicles are too heavy). Does the goods AI not delete the railway after a while, when it notices that it is making no money?
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

knightly

Quote from: jamespetts on April 16, 2009, 10:49:47 PM
As to the AI railways - I am not sure what is causing that: it may well be a problem in Simutrans-Standard, too. I have not been able to reproduce that, either - all of the AI networks now link correctly (and I have corrected the issue with AI players building roads for which their vehicles are too heavy). Does the goods AI not delete the railway after a while, when it notices that it is making no money?

The Goods AI didn't clear the useless tracks and stations. They just remained there alongside the functional road connection. This problem seems to have been solved by z9999 and gerw already (see <a href="http://forum.simutrans.com/index.php?topic=1935.msg19946#msg19946">here</a>), so probably this is not a bug unique to ST EXP.