News:

The Forum Rules and Guidelines
Our forum has Rules and Guidelines. Please, be kind and read them ;).

Station-"mod"?

Started by emirkir, June 20, 2019, 07:39:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

emirkir

Hi!
When I played for a bit today I started wondering if there is a way to make buses, trains, maglev etc. to not stop for an empty station? (Where nobody waits or wants to go off the vehicle)
Like e.g. buses do in real life that they skip empty stations?

If there is I really would like know how to enable/get the mod - and if there isn't any mod - is there a way to "code" that or something?
I think that would be really useful.

P.S. I don't know if this is the right place to post this but...

JOIN SIMUTRANS DISCORD-SERVER! https://discord.gg/fpXY772

Ters

Simutrans isn't really modable in terms of game logic. A few things can be tweaked in simuconf.tab, but anything else takes a complete fork like Simutrans Extended (formerly Experimental), which technically is a different game regardless of actual differences in behavior. The scripting functionality is on a bit higher level, as I understand it. Scriptable schedules, if implemented, could allow this and other advanced behavior, but would perhaps be too complicated for most players. There is another thread for other wanted custom schedule behaviors, but even the limited scope of that seems hard to get right, and with stuff like this as well, it can get very cluttered.

The other problem is that only buses and trams tend to do this fully in real life, at least as far as I have noticed, but in Simutrans, scheduling behavior is identical for all vehicles. Some trains are only supposed to stop when needed, but tend to have stop for signals anyway (just perhaps not exactly at the platform). And even when signals do not stop them, they have to slow down quite a bit to be able to stop in time if there really is someone there. The income and operating cost calculation is also part of the logic run when stopping at a stop.

emirkir

Ok, so as I understand it, it's hard to do in Simutrans?
I'll check that thread you wrote about.
Thanks.

JOIN SIMUTRANS DISCORD-SERVER! https://discord.gg/fpXY772