News:

SimuTranslator
Make Simutrans speak your language.

[bug?] seatless vehicle is ignored in route search

Started by Ranran(retired), July 01, 2019, 10:14:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ranran(retired)

Asia is full of people unlike Western Europe, so sometimes there are vehicles without seats.
All people can stand and ride. That is, (seat) capacity = 0 but many overcrowded capacity.
I noticed that such vehicles are ignored in the route search, so if they consist only of such vehicles, the route will not be built but it seems unnatural. (´・ω・`)
ひめしという日本人が開発者達の助言を無視して自分好みの機能をextendedに"強引に"実装し、
コードをぐちゃぐちゃにしてメンテナンスを困難にし(とりわけ道路と建物関連)、
挙句にバグを大量に埋め込み、それを知らんぷりして放置し(隠居するなどと言って)別のところに逃げ隠れて自分のフォーク(OTRP)は開発を続けている
その事実と彼の無責任さに日本人プレイヤーは目を向けるべき。らんらんはそれでやる気をなくした(´・ω・`)
他人の振り見て我が振り直せ。ひめしのようにならないために、らんらんが生み出したバグや問題は自分で修正しなくちゃね(´・ω・`)

Vladki

In that case I would make the standing capacity to be the normal capacity and reduce comfort accordingly. Overcrowded capacities could be those riding on roof, bumpers, hanging out of windows, etc..

DrSuperGood

Quote from: Ranran on July 01, 2019, 10:14:24 AMAll people can stand and ride. That is, (seat) capacity = 0 but many overcrowded capacity.
That is not correct. If the vehicle is designed for standing room only then it is technically not overcrowded as it is within the designed capacity. For example cheap airline flights with standing room only (yes these exist or at least did a few years ago) are not overcrowded as one cannot legally overcrowd an aircraft for safety.

The correct implementation would be to have the standing capacity as some class but with very low comfort (e.g. 5 minutes or less of comfort). Additionally one could have a nominal amount of overcrowding capacity to represent when people are literally shoved in behind the doors and the vehicle has exceeded its designed standing capacity.

Ranran(retired)

I think the expression overcrowd is just a matter of naming.
Isn't it actually the distinction between standing and sitting?

The problem is that if you set comfort very low and let it be normal capacity, that vehicle will be used prior to other overcrowding capacities. That is, that vehicle is used before convoy gets crowded.

Also, according to the current specifications, it seems that vehicles with no seats can not get passengers, no matter how crowded. (´・ω・`)

This is jalapagos...

Vladki

If I see correctly, there seem to be foldable seats for those who really need to sit down, or usable in off-peak times?

On similar note I thought about setting restaurant cars as 0 capacity with their seats being overcrowded capacity. As usually travellers wouldn't spend the whole journey in restaurant car, unless the train is full.

jamespetts

Thank you for your report. I believe that I have fixed this, but I have not tested this as there are no vehicles of this description in the pakset. I should be grateful if you could re-test with to-morrow's nightly build.

Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Ranran(retired)

QuoteIf I see correctly, there seem to be foldable seats for those who really need to sit down, or usable in off-peak times?
Yes. Besides that, after WW2 GHQ restricted the production of vehicles and carried the passengers by freight cars as there were a significant shortage of vehicles. (´・ω・`)
However, such a scene seems to have been relatively common in Asia, such as China in the 20th century.

Quote from: jamespetts on July 02, 2019, 09:31:28 PMI believe that I have fixed this, but I have not tested this as there are no vehicles of this description in the pakset. I should be grateful if you could re-test with to-morrow's nightly build.
Thank you for working on fixing this issue.
I am sorry but your fix does not seem to have any effect.

I prepared pak for experiment. This is also an experiment on the reverse position issue of pak128.Britain-Ex.
The locations where pak-CS and britain-EX vehicles are rendered are almost the same. Only the heights of the rails are different. (I adjusted the height of the track for CS vehicles.)
Therefore the problem is not clear now... (´・ω・`)

Anyway, this experimental vehicle has no capacity and only overcrowded_capacity.
If you only run this vehicle, the route will not make a connection.

Please install the attached pak and open this saved game.