News:

Simutrans Wiki Manual
The official on-line manual for Simutrans. Read and contribute.

[Bug] Powerline deconstruction generates more revenue than construction cost

Started by dannyliux, July 13, 2019, 07:13:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dannyliux

Just found out that I can actually earn money by building and deconstructing powerlines. In my testing, building 1 tile of powerline costs 43.75 and deconstructing it earns you 165.63. Using pak Britain on build #dc58b30, all just updated using the java updater.

DrSuperGood

Possibly a sign error? Sounds like it should be costing 165.63 to remove per tile rather than earning you that much. As far as I am aware destruction is always meant to cost money, although it should cost less that construction in most cases.

Ranran(retired)

Land charges will not be collected at the time of construction of the power line, but it seems that land costs will return if the power line is removed regardless of that.  :police:
ひめしという日本人が開発者達の助言を無視して自分好みの機能をextendedに"強引に"実装し、
コードをぐちゃぐちゃにしてメンテナンスを困難にし(とりわけ道路と建物関連)、
挙句にバグを大量に埋め込み、それを知らんぷりして放置し(隠居するなどと言って)別のところに逃げ隠れて自分のフォーク(OTRP)は開発を続けている
その事実と彼の無責任さに日本人プレイヤーは目を向けるべき。らんらんはそれでやる気をなくした(´・ω・`)
他人の振り見て我が振り直せ。ひめしのようにならないために、らんらんが生み出したバグや問題は自分で修正しなくちゃね(´・ω・`)

jamespetts

Thank you for your report - Ranran is correct about the cause of this issue. I have now remedied by this by adding the land cost to the purchase of power lines. The fix should be available in the next nightly build.

I should be grateful if people could re-test to confirm that this has been fixed.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.