News:

Do you need help?
Simutrans Wiki Manual can help you to play and extend Simutrans. In 9 languages.

High wealth passengers commuting to work on cow field :)

Started by Jando, July 19, 2019, 04:29:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jando

Not sure I can make sense of what I see here in this screenshot, not sure if bug or whether I have misunderstood something:

There we have a train just departing a town for St. Paul, it's next destination, 58 km away. I was checking on the passengers (to decide whether it's worth it to carry high-class seats) when I noticed the 6 high-wealth commuters travelling high class to work on a cow field 60 km away from home. It sure looks funny. :)

jamespetts

Veterinary surgeons are surely high wealth and sometimes work among cows...?
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

wlindley

Shh. They are MI6 agents.  The cow field is their cover.

Jando

Thanks! Funny surgeons and secret agents. :)

Point being of course that the info for cow fields says it's 100% very low wealth commuters.

jamespetts

Thank you for noting that - I had set up some industries to require a small number of higher wealth commuters if I recall correctly, but I note that the "cow field" is not among them. Does this phenomenon occur often? It is likely to be very tricky to track this down, as one would have to catch the problem at the passenger generation stage, which would be before any signs of the issue would appear; by the time that it is apparent that this has occurred, it is too late to find the cause.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Jando

Quote from: jamespetts on July 20, 2019, 11:32:24 AMThank you for noting that - I had set up some industries to require a small number of higher wealth commuters if I recall correctly, but I note that the "cow field" is not among them. Does this phenomenon occur often?

It's a common occurrence, James, and not limited to very high wealth commuters. Here's another screenshot from another game:

Didn't take me long browsing through the vehicle list to find low, medium and high wealth commuters travelling to cow and sheep fields. It's also not limited to cow and sheep fields, for example I've seen  a case with high wealth commuters going to work in a smithy (smithy commuters: 35% very low, 50% low, 15% medium) or very high wealth passengers commuting to a carpenter's workshop (same percentages as with the smithy). 

Jando

Just adding the info that the same happens to visitors. Football fields are not supposed to attract high and very high wealth visitors (according to the info window), yet plenty of high and very high wealth visitors with destination football fields are generated.