News:

Simutrans.com Portal
Our Simutrans site. You can find everything about Simutrans from here.

[BUG] one_train_staff reservating too many tiles

Started by Mariculous, January 21, 2020, 12:07:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mariculous

What happened?
When entering one_train_staff working method, the train will sometimes reservate ahead of that section up to the next waypoint outside of the section.

How to reproduce?
- Open the attached save
- Watch the train moving for at least two tours, later on you will know why one is not sufficient
- - You will see it is all right the way the route is set up. (apart from the reservation being too short, which was reported elsewhere)
- Remove the last item of the schedule and watch the train moving againW
- - You will see trains reservation will be too long for the first tour, but it's fine again the next tours.
- Remove the remained "land stop 1" item from the schedule and watch the train again
- - You will see train reservates the whole track up to "land stop 3"
- Remove the stop at "land stop 3" from the schedule
- - You will see te train reservates up to the next waypoint in the schedule

I even had a train "waiting for clearance" forever at the cabinet when playing around with it. Opening and closing the schedule nor clearing the reservation using the tool heled here, but could not reproduce it again :(
So keep this in mind when fixing the above.

jamespetts

I am a little unclear on what is intended here by way of my intervention. I tried opening the saved game and removing the last item in the schedule, being the second "land stop 1" entry. On closing the schedule window, the train reverses and continues in drive by sight mode to land stop 2. This is not consistent with what you describe, however, so I am not sure quite what you intend. Can you clarify?
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Mariculous

Oh wait. You should for sure change the line instead of immediately vehicles schedule, so the vehicle does not do crazy reroute and loss of working method stuff.

jamespetts

Thank you for the clarification: I believe that I have now fixed this. I should be grateful if you could re-test.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.