News:

Simutrans Sites
Know our official sites. Find tools and resources for Simutrans.

Using the water way removal tool crashes the game

Started by Spenk009, March 21, 2020, 07:56:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spenk009

Using the water way remover (x) crashes the game when clicking on any river or canal tile. Tested in nightly/self compiled newest version.

Matthew

(Signature being tested) If you enjoy playing Simutrans, then you might also enjoy watching Japan Railway Journal
Available in English and simplified Chinese
如果您喜欢玩Simutrans的话,那么说不定就想看《日本铁路之旅》(英语也有简体中文字幕)。

jamespetts

Thank you both for your reports. I believe that I have now fixed this on the private-car-routing-memory-saving branch. I should be grateful if you could re-test with that branch, which I am hoping to integrate soon once it has been tested, to see whether this has been fixed. Thank you.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Matthew

I can now destroy canals and canalized rivers using the water-way-remover tool with commit #d33d9dd, so thank you for making progress with this bug.

I cannot destroy streams (natural, non-navigable waterways) using the tool. Mostly I get an error message saying "Ways not connected". But one time I got a crash with this GDB backtrace:

Maybe we are not supposed to be able to use this tool with streams, but I thought that we could in the past.

EDIT: The crash was with an earlier commit, apologies.
(Signature being tested) If you enjoy playing Simutrans, then you might also enjoy watching Japan Railway Journal
Available in English and simplified Chinese
如果您喜欢玩Simutrans的话,那么说不定就想看《日本铁路之旅》(英语也有简体中文字幕)。

jamespetts

This would be caused by the fact that the way removal tool uses a special sort of vehicle to iterate along the way tiles (a design from Standard): because streams are unnavigable, the special vehicle cannot find a route along them.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Spenk009

jamespetts